USED BY LEADING BRANDS
How to Make Charts in 5 Steps
Create custom charts that help showcase any type of data or statistics for your audience. Create pie charts, line charts, bar charts and more with our free online chart maker. Use these online charts in your infographics, presentations, social media graphics, reports and anything else you can create with Visme.
- Log into Visme and open a new project in the dashboard.
- Click the Data icon in the left navigation menu to access the available chart types and choose the chart that best represents your data.
- Input your data manually or by importing an Excel sheet or Google spreadsheet.
- Customize your colors, fonts, background and more.
- Download your chart as an image file and share on your website, on social media or in an email newsletter.
Features of the Chart Maker
Use our free online chart generator to visualize your data and statistics quickly and easily so your audience can understand at a single glance.
Beautiful chart templates
Log into your Visme dashboard and click Create to get started. Choose a template for any type of project, whether it’s a presentation, an infographic or another design. Many of our templates are premade with chart templates right inside so you can customize them with your own data. You can easily add any chart types to any template by choosing a chart from the Data tab.Create your Chart
Build your chart
Once you’ve logged into the free chart maker, you can easily add any type of chart to any design. Just click on the Data tab and choose from our 16 chart types and many more data widgets to find the perfect representation of your information. Choose your animation, your colors, your fonts, your X and Y axis labels and more.
Customize every aspect of your chart to share easily understandable information
Instead of throwing a bunch of numbers and statistics in your audience’s face, why not turn it into a chart? This helps you to showcase data at a glance and create a way for your audience to easily understand what your numbers mean. Not everyone can visualize data right off the bat, and using our free chart maker to create a visual aid can be helpful for your audience.
More Great Features of the Chart Maker
What is a Chart?
A chart is a visual representation of data and statistics. When you create a chart in Visme’s free online chart maker, you’re able to input your own data manually or import an Excel or Google spreadsheet. Your chart will automatically update to fit the data you insert.
Creating professional charts online is easier than ever with our chart maker. Customize it to match your company’s brand colors and fonts or choose a color scheme that matches your chart topic. Create an area chart, bar chart, line chart and more.
Use the chart maker to visualize your data.
While you can always tell your audience what your data means, what better way to persuade them than by creating a visual aid? Looking at a visual can actually resonate better with your audience than reading numbers. If there’s a large difference in categories, being able to see it in a chart can have an even bigger effect.Create Your Chart
More than a Chart Maker
Create charts that stick with your audience and help them to further understand your data. You can use it as a pie chart maker, a line chart maker, a table chart maker, a bar chart maker and more. Use the chart maker however you need to create beautiful custom charts that sell your point.
Choose From 16+ Chart Designs
- Dozens of chart types, including line, scatter, pie, pyramid, doughnut and radar charts
- Customize everything, from the fonts and colors to placement of labels and legends
- Automatically animate your charts and sync to live data from Google Sheets or Excel
Create your Chart
- Easy-to-use drag-and-drop data widgets
- Visualize populations using arrays
- Fully customizable with your theme colors and data
Create custom charts online with our free and easy-to-use chart templates and data widgets. Whether you need a comparison chart maker or a radar chart maker, there is a chart type for you to drag and drop onto your design. Start with one of our premade infographic or presentation templates to showcase your chart.
How to use the Chart Maker
- Gather all of your data in an Excel file, Google Sheet or prepare to manually insert it into Visme’s Graph Engine.
- Log into Visme to access the chart maker. Start a new project and choose a template based on how you want to showcase your data.
- Once you’ve chosen a starter template, click the Data tab in the left sidebar to find your chart type. You can choose a table chart, a line chart, a radar chart or any other chart type you need to properly visualize your data.
- The chart maker already has some data examples to help you create your own. If these don’t help, you can start from scratch.
- Input your data and decide the way in which the data will be shown. With decimals or percentages, in unitary bars or groups of bars and where the legend will be placed.
- Customize the fonts in your chart. The Settings tab in the bar graph maker will let you customize the font size and color as well.
- Color code the chart elements to match your brand or your topic. You can also customize the colors of the axis lines and the background.
- If you are working on an interactive infographic or presentation, customize the animation setting to add extra emphasis to your data. There are four animation options to choose from.
- Download your finished design from the chart maker as a high resolution image file to share with your audience. You can also generate an online link or embed the animated chart onto your website.
Questions about the Chart Maker
How much does it cost to create a chart with the chart maker?
Creating online charts with Visme is 100% free. Downloading the chart as an image file is also free. If you would like to download your chart design as a PDF, you will have to pay for a Standard Plan.
Are all the fonts available inside the chart maker?
Yes! You have all of the same font options within the chart maker settings that you do within the regular design dashboard, including your uploaded brand fonts.
Can I use my Brand Kit with the chart maker?
You sure can. When you have a Brand Kit set up in Visme, it’s available for any project you might need to create, not just charts. To have a Brand Kit you need to upgrade to a Standard Plan.
Can I create any type of chart with Visme?
Literally any type of chart. We have 2D charts, 3D charts, line charts, radar charts, flowcharts, stacked charts, scatter charts and so much more.
How much data can I add into my chart?
You can add up to 40 units of data on the x axis and 50 on the y axis. You can also import live data from Google Sheets.
Can I animate charts with the chart creator?
All charts are automatically animated. If you share the online version of your chart, it will include the animation. You can also choose to turn the animation off in the Graph Engine’s Settings.
Your graphics deserve to be beautiful
…and so does the rest of your content
All-in-one Visual Communication Tool
Go beyond Charts. Visme is “the only” tool you’ll need to create all forms of visual content.
Design beautiful and interactive Presentations and Infographics to Reports, Surveys, Social Graphics, and over 20 other content formats.