USED BY LEADING BRANDS
How to Make Scatter Plots in 5 Steps
Create a scatter plot to visualize the relationship between different variables. Show the data on various data points between an x- and y-axis. Use one of our templates to help you create a visually rich design to match your project.
- Click on the Create button on this page and log in to or create a Visme account.
- Browse the scatter plot templates to find one you like or that will best represent your data.
- Input your information to replace the placeholder data and color code your chart.
- Customize the labels and legend of your scatter plot to match your brand.
- Download as a high resolution image, share online or include in an ongoing project.
Features of the Scatter PlotMaker
Build easy to read scatter plots with Visme's data engine. Easily input data or import from a spreadsheet on your desktop. Customize every visual aspect of your plot.
Beautiful scatter plot templates
Start your scatter plot design easily by using one of our professionally designed scatter plot templates. Change the placeholder data with your own and customize the look and feel to match your project or brand style guide.Create Your Scatter Plot
Build your scatter plot
Visualize your data beautifully with the scatter plot generator. Input the variables of the relationship you want to visualize easily. Customize the color of the dots, the background, the labels and the values. Use easy to read fonts and toggle visibility of elements.
Customize every aspect of your scatter plot with animation and interactivity
Make your scatter plot stand out with animated data elements in different styles. Add interactive pop ups over your scatter plot. Using the features in the Visme editor, easily add popups to different sections of your scatter plot.
More Great Features of the Scatter Plot Maker
What is a Scatter Plot?A scatter plot is a type of data visualization that shows the relationship between different variables. If you have two variables that pair well together, plotting them on a scatter diagram is a great way to view their relationship and see if it’s a positive or negative correlation.
Use the scatter plot maker to visualize relationships in different data variables.
Select one of our professionally designed scatter plot templates. Remove the placeholder data and input your own. Avoid starting your axes at a value other than zero so your chart is easier to read and understand.Create Your Scatter Plot
More Than a Scatter Plot Creator
Easily create attractive scatter plots to visualize your data. Include the scatter plot into a report, presentation, research project or strategy whitepaper. Create animated and interactive scatter plots as part of presentations.
- Accompany your scatter plot with one of many data widgets in the toolbar
- Add radial and percentage measurements
- Customize all the colors and labels to personalize your data visualizations
Create Your Scatter Plot
Hundreds of Fonts
- Use any of our hundreds of fonts to use in your labels
- Includes a broad selection of serif, sans serif, slab and script fonts
- Upload your own fonts using the Visme brand kit, available under a premium plan
Scatter Plot Templates
Create a beautiful scatter plot easily even without design skills. Select from the template library and simply change the data to make it your own. Customize the colors to match your ongoing project or use your brand color palette.
How to Use the Scatter Plot Maker
- To ensure that the visualization of your data is not distorted, make sure to avoid starting your axes at a value other than zero.
- You can also visualize a third variable by modifying the size of your dots in accordance with these values.
- Use lines to help you visualize trends and correlations between variables.
- Avoid adding too many trend lines that can distract and confuse the viewer.
- Detect patterns in your data, such as a positive correlation, which is displayed as a line that moves upwards and to the right, as both values increase at the same time.
- Identify a negative correlation, which is a line with a negative slope, that moves downwards and to the right, as one value increases while the other decreases.
- A group of dots with no correlation will appear as a group of dots with no discernible pattern.
- A linear trend is a group of dots that appears to form a trend line, one that either goes up or goes down as the values increase on the X axis.
- An exponential trend is a group of dots that can be represented as a curved line that rises or falls at an increasingly higher rate.
- Lastly, you can identify outliers as dots that are extreme values, far from the majority of data points.
Questions About the Scatter Plot Maker
How much does it cost to create a scatter plot with Visme?
Creating a scatter plot with Visme is totally free. If you want to download it as a PDF or animated HTML5 file, you can upgrade to a Complete plan.
Are all the fonts available inside the scatter plot generator?
Yes. The Graph Engine has all the fonts available, just like in the editor – even your Brand Kit fonts. If you want to create a brand kit, you'll need to upgrade to a premium account.
Can I insert my data into the scatter plot maker?
You can create a graph with your own information in one of two ways: By linking a public Google Sheet or uploading an Excel file. If you're doing the former, any updates in your sheet will be reflected in the graph.
Can I create animated graphs with Visme?
Yes. All charts and graphs created within Visme are automatically animated, although you can turn the setting off if you wish.
Can I create any kind of chart with Visme?
Yes. You can choose from more than 16 types of charts in both flat and 3D style, including line graphs, bar and pie charts, among others.
Can I customize anything in the scatter plot maker?
Yes. You can adjust the placement of labels and the size and style of fonts, as well as further customize your graph by tapping into thousands of vector icons and millions of images.
Your data deserves to be beautiful
…and so does the rest of your content
All-in-one Visual Communication Tool
Go beyond scatter plots. Visme is the only tool you’ll need to create all forms of visual content.
Design beautiful and interactive presentations and infographics to reports, surveys, social graphics, and over 20 other content formats.