USED BY LEADING BRANDS
How to Make Ebooks in 5 Steps
Getting ready to create an ebook online to share with your audience and inform them on a certain topic? Ebooks are great marketing tools to create and share with your customers and potential customers, but you want to make sure they’re easy to digest and visually appealing. Visme’s free ebook creator can help in five simple steps.
- Get started by choosing your favorite ebook template and page layout to jumpstart your ebook design.
- Update the content blocks with your own ebook content and experience our ebook maker’s easy formatting.
- Make adjustments to your ebook cover, table of contents and other add or remove pages as needed until all of your content fits perfectly.
- Make an eye-catching ebook by changing colors, fonts, visuals, charts, graphs and more.
- Download your finished ebook to device as a PDF, generate a shareable link to post on social media or print your ebook.
Features of the Ebook Maker
Design a custom ebook to help generate leads for your business with Visme’s powerful ebook creator and its easy-to-use design interface.
Beautiful ebook templates
Starting out with an ebook template can be a great way to make your design process much quicker. Instead of drawing out your design plans, you simply browse one of our pre-designed templates to pop your ebook content into.Create Your Ebook
Make your ebook
Visme’s easy online ebook maker turns ebook creation into a simple and fun process. Drag and drop your paragraphs around the page, pull visuals and data visualizations into your ebook, customize fonts and colors, and completely build your ebook.
Customize every aspect of your ebook to educate your e-readers and audience online
Publishing your own ebook is a great marketing tactic for your business or blog. With the Visme ebook maker, you can create a multi-page ebook ready to share online or sell on Amazon. Use one of our templates to set up your content along with images and illustrations. Download your ebook as a PDF or publish online and share as a link.
More Great Features of the Ebook Creator
What is an Ebook?
An ebook is a written document or book that is shared and read online or on an ereader. While physical books can also be bought and downloaded as ebooks, these are also a great way for businesses to create online lead generation tools and digital products.
Use the ebook maker to bring your content to life.
There are millions of stock photos to choose from, as well as thousands of graphics, icons and illustrations. Put images in frames and use shaped crops to sort out the composition. Add photo filters and color overlays for a unique design.Create Your Ebook
More Than an Ebook Creator
Visme’s ebook creator software helps make the process of designing and sharing your new ebook as seamless as possible. Add stock photos, icons and illustrations, and charts and graphs to your ebook to help visualize your point.
EASY-TO-USE DATA VISUALIZATION TOOLS
- Easy-to-use drag-and-drop data widgets
- Visualize populations using arrays
- Fully customizable with your theme colors and data
Create Your Ebook
Images and Graphics
FREE STOCK PHOTOS AND VECTOR ICONS
- Choose from millions of high-quality images, free for commercial or editorial use
- Select from thousands of vector icons and shapes with editable color schemes
- Tap into dynamic shapes and lines that you can reshape in any direction
Take a look through each of our pre-designed multi-page ebook templates to find the perfect basis for your next ebook. Don’t forget that you can fully customize everything from visuals to colors to fonts and more, so choose the template with the basic bones you need for your content.
How to Use the Ebook Creator
- Organize all your written content in a document on your computer. Make sure to have specific headings in your text so it’s easy to separate later.
- If you want to use your own images, have them all together in a folder. If you don’t have any, don’t worry. There are plenty inside the online ebook creator.
- Click on the “Create Your Ebook” button on this page to see the templates the ebook designer has to offer.
- Select a template and start inserting your content to the text boxes. You can adjust the size and length of the text boxes easily.
- Upload your images or choose some from the left-hand panel. There are over a million available photographs. Just use the search bar to find the one you need.
- Select a legible font and customize it with color or bold and italic styling. A good size for text is between 10 and 12 points.
- Choose one of the color themes in the free interactive ebook creator and it will adjust all the pages at once.
- Add more pages by duplicating existing pages and adjust the content to fit.
- Download your ebook as a PDF and share or sell online. You can also publish to the Visme servers and share a live link.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much does it cost to create an ebook with the free online ebook creator?
Creating an interactive ebook is 100% free. Creating a shareable link is also free. If you want to download as a PDF, you’ll need to upgrade to a Standard plan.
Are the ebook templates completely customizable?
Yes! All templates are infinitely customizable. Plus, you can upload your own images and graphics if you don’t want to use the ones provided in the left-hand panel of the editor. From adjusting your ebook cover to making changes to your table of contents and the overall ebook format, your ebook is completely customizable.
Can I use my Brand Kit with the ebook maker?
Absolutely. When you have a Brand Kit set up in Visme, it is available for all sorts of projects, not only ebooks. To have a Brand Kit you need to purchase a Standard Plan.
Can I sell my ebooks?
Yes, all of the design assets available in Visme’s ebook builder are available for both personal and commercial use, so you are free to sell your ebooks or exchange them for email signups.
How do I create my own ebook?
It's never been easier to create your own ebook than it is with Visme. Simply start with a template, insert your content, drag your design elements across the canvas and download.
Can I print my ebook?
Yes. If you would like to print your ebook to distribute, you are able to download as a PDF with bleed marks. You can print them off yourself or send to a printer to print and bind for you.
What is the best ebook creator?
Some of the best free ebook creators are Visme, Adobe Spark, Adobe InDesign and Canva. Our own ebook creator is different because we provide a variety of templates, an easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor, and millions of stunning design assets to help you take your content to the next level.
What are some of the most used ebook formats?
Some of the most popular ebook formats are PDF, PNG, Kindle, Google Docs, Microsoft Word, EPUB and MOBI. With Visme, you can export your finished ebook design in PNG, PDF, HTML5, PPTX and more, or export directly to any of your cloud storage options.
Will my ebook be displayed properly in different devices?
Regardless of whether you're using an Apple device like a Mac, iPhone, iPad, etc., or an Android device, your ebook should be displayed in the proper dimensions every time.
Can you create an ebook in MS Word?
Tools like Microsoft Word and Google Docs can work for creating basic black-and-white documents, but if you want to put together a more design-forward, user-friendly ebook, you want to take advantage of a tool like Visme.
Your ebooks deserve to be beautiful
…and so does the rest of your content
All-in-one Visual Communication Tool
Go beyond ebooks. Visme is the only tool you’ll need to create all forms of visual content.
Design beautiful and interactive presentations and infographics to reports, surveys, social graphics, and over 20 other content formats.