Chosen by brands large and small
Our flowchart maker is used by over 10,209,854 marketers, communicators, executives and educators from over 120 countries that include:
Create flowcharts online quickly and easily by getting started with one of Visme’s premade flowchart templates. Build a one-way process or branch off your flowchart based on each user. Take a look at the flowchart examples below to get inspiration, and choose a free flowchart template that you can easily customize with your own information.
Features of the Flowchart Maker
Create a custom flowchart using the online flowchart tool right inside Visme’s design dashboard. Choose from various shapes and beautiful line designs to find the perfect combination.
Beautiful flowchart templates
Want a starting point for your next business process? Visme offers plenty of beautifully designed flowchart templates to help jumpstart your design and create the perfect flowchart to help with your team's decision making. Use a free flowchart template in your next creation.Create Your Flowchart
Build your flowchart
With fully customizable flowchart capabilities, Visme’s free flowchart maker makes it easier than ever to build out processes and step-by-step tutorials. Select the flowchart tool, choose your shape, draw out your flow and download your finished design to share.
Customize every aspect of your flowchart to fit your vision and theme
The free online flowchart creator allows you to customize every single thing. The shapes can be made larger or smaller without losing connection to the lines that are attached to them. There are a variety of line styles and end points to choose from. Add text to the shapes and customize the font and color. Add animation to the sections to create an interactive flowchart.
More Great Features of the Flowchart Maker
- Free flowchart templates to fuel your creative design
- Millions of stock photos and icons to choose from
- Input your brand fonts and colors to create branded company content
- Easy drag-and-drop design tools, made with the non-designer in mind
- Choose your shape and line style, then draw out your flowchart
- Download as an image file or embed on a webpage
What is a Flowchart?
A flowchart is a diagram of the sequence of actions, thought processes, movements and more that someone needs to take to complete something or come to a particular conclusion. These are great for providing troubleshooting information, step-by-step tutorials and similar processes for your audience.
Use flowcharts for brainstorming sessions, developing ideas, showcasing processes and more. You can easily create a completely customized flowchart using a tool like Visme.Create Your Flowchart
Use the flowchart maker to visualize a system, process or workflow.
The free online flowchart maker is available inside the Visme editor, which gives you many graphic options to choose from to further customize and enhance your diagram. You can even create additional graphics for your presentation or report, such as charts, graphs, maps, visual statistics and diagrams.
More Than a Flowchart Maker
Draw flowcharts online with Visme’s easy flowchart software. Choose your shape, determine your line style, color code your sections and create your processes. Visme’s interactive functionality helps you to create the perfect flowchart to illustrate your systems and is more powerful than tools like Microsoft Excel or PowerPoint.
MAKE IT ENGAGING
Create interactive and animated flowcharts that are clickable and engaging for your audience to look through and learn more about your idea.
VISUALIZE YOUR DATA
Charts & Graphs
Utilize Visme’s flowchart diagramming tools along with other charts and graphs to visualize all kinds of information in the blink of an eye.
BEAUTIFY YOUR CONTENT
Images & Graphics
Choose from over a million stock photos, icons, illustrations, characters, lines, shapes and more to decorate your flowcharts and accent your content.
Make Flowcharts in 5 Steps
Flowcharts are the perfect content format for visualizing processes, instructions and systems. The online flowchart maker includes practical expansion tools to easily connect all types of shapes and lines.
Fully customize the shapes, line styles, angles, fonts and layout. Add interactivity or animations and embed on your site or download as a static image or PDF file. Learn more about how to create flowcharts below.
- Log into your Visme dashboard and create a new project. Choose a flowchart template to jumpstart your design.
- To use the flowchart creator, click on the Data tab and choose the flowchart icon. Choose a shape to start building your flowchart.
- Click on the first shape on the canvas and you’ll see the sizing tabs along with a grey arrow on each side.
- Click on an arrow and pick from one of the six building options. You can add one, two or three connected shapes at a time.
- Make your flowchart public or private and share online or download as a PDF or high-resolution JPEG or PNG file.
How to Use the Flowchart Maker
- Sketch a rough draft of your flowchart on a piece of paper to have a better vision of the process flow or system you want to visualize.
- Log in to Visme and start a new project. From inside the editor, click on the Data tab on the left-hand panel and choose the flowchart symbol.
- Choose one of the shapes included within the flow chart creator to start building your mind map.
- Click on the first shape on the canvas. According to the direction you want the flowchart to continue, click on one of the building arrows.
- Choose from one of the six possible connecting combinations within the flow chart creator. There are options for one, two or three connecting shapes.
- Add descriptive text to the shapes and customize the font, size and color. Use the guidelines to neatly align your shapes and text boxes.
- If you want, you can animate sections of your flowchart by clicking on the animate tab on the top right.
- Download your diagram from the free flowchart maker to add to a blog post. Animated flowcharts can be added to your website with a snippet of code.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Flowcharts are used to show step-by-step processes and journeys that people need to follow to get something done. They can be useful in many different ways, such as providing a tutorial, helping to train employees or show how you came to a conclusion.
It’s completely free to design custom flowcharts with Visme. You can add a flowchart to any graphic and download it as an image file. If you would like to download it as a printable PDF, or as an interactive HTML5 file, you can upgrade to a premium plan. Pricing varies based on your needs.
Yes! The flowchart maker will let you create a professional flow diagram or org chart just how you need it. Every single section is customizable for shape, size and position.
Absolutely. Every section in your flowchart can be animated and have interactive elements added. To download it as an HTML5 file you will need a premium plan, but embedding it on your site is free.
Yes, we have many flowchart templates available inside the dashboard for you and your team members to use, and we are creating more all the time. Nevertheless, the flowchart maker is so versatile that you won’t need templates.
Nope! If you create a flowchart inside a blank canvas or any other template, you can resize the canvas and adjust the flowchart. If you create it inside an infographic, you can use the draggable sizing tool at the bottom of the canvas.