USED BY MANY. TRUSTED BY LEADING BRANDS.
How to Make Bar Graphs in 5 Steps
The Visme bar graph creator allows you to create beautifully animated and static charts in minutes. It provides you with both vertical and horizontal bar graphs in flat and 3D designs. Quickly and easily customize any aspect of your chart. Import live data and color code the bars.
- Log in to Visme and open a new project in the dashboard. Choose an infographic, presentation or blank canvas.
- To use the bar chart maker, click on the data icon in the menu on the left then click the icon of two charts.
- Choose the bar chart option and add your data to the bar chart maker, either by hand or by importing an Excel or Google sheet.
- Customize colors, fonts, backgrounds and more inside the Settings tab of the Graph Engine.
- Easily share your professional bar graph design by downloading, embedding or adding to another project.
Features of the Bar Graph Maker
Make a bar graph in minutes with Visme’s easy-to-use free bar graph generator. Color code your data, add your brand fonts and make the custom bar graph your own.
Beautiful bar graph templates
Find beautifully designed bar graph templates with real life data to help jumpstart your design. Simply edit the bar chart to add in your own data, color code to match your brand or your topic, update axis titles and legends, and download.Create Your Bar Graph
Build your bar chart
Create online bar charts with Visme’s easy-to-use online Graph Engine. Create a double bar graph, a stacked bar graph or a classic bar graph by inputting your data and customizing your chart design.
Customize every aspect of your bar graph to match your brand
You can easily customize the colors, fonts and backgrounds with Visme’s bar chart builder. Choose how the values are shown and where the legend will be placed. Decide if your bar graph will have hover-over labels and animation. You can even upload background images and apply color overlays to your final design.
More Great Features of the Bar Graph Maker
What is a Bar Graph?
A bar graph or bar chart is a type of data visualization that showcases the amount of different variables in a data set by letting us visualize the height or length of each bar. The more a variable has, the higher or longer its bar.
Bar charts are one of the most versatile types of data visualizations, and can work for a number of different types of data. Showcase percentages, large numbers, small numbers and more.
Use the bar graph maker to visualize categories of data.
Pick one of the horizontal or vertical bar graphs, either flat or 3D. Enter your data manually or import into the bar chart maker via an Excel sheet or Google spreadsheet. You can create single, double or stacked bar charts. Categorize and color code your data using up to 50 columns.Create Your Bar Graph
More Than a Bar Chart Maker
Visme’s bar graph designer makes it easier than ever to create a bar graph online that helps to visually demonstrate your data and statistics. Our brains love visuals, so why not use a bar chart to share information instead of just the numbers?
- Bring your statistics and figures to life with our easy-to-customize data widgets
- Insert values with one click or use the slider to insert your statistic or figure
- Customize the colors and size to fit your content and brand guidelines
Create Your Bar Graph
Charts and Graphs
- Select from dozens of graph types, including line, scatter, pie, pyramid, doughnut and radar charts
- Customize anything, from the fonts and colors to placement of labels and legends
- Automatically animate your charts and sync to live data from Google Sheets or Excel
Bar Graph Templates
Don’t worry about creating your own bar chart online. Instead, choose from one of our pre-designed templates and simply plug your data in. Visme’s bar graph builder takes the stress out of data visualization, giving you the freedom to customize your template as much or as little as you choose.
How to Use the Bar Graph Maker
- When getting started with the bar chart creator, first decide on the vision for your bar graph.
- Before you create your bar graph with the bar graph designer, have all your data values ready to input.
- Find the bar graph that best fits your vision. There are flat style bar graphs as well as 3D bar graphs. You can also choose from vertical or horizontal graphs or even a stacked bar chart.
- The online bar chart maker already has some premade templates to help you create your own. If these don’t help, you can start from scratch.
- Update the fonts in your customized bar chart to fit your brand style guide. If not creating the bar graph for your brand, choose the fonts to fit the design you are working on.
- Color code the bars to fit your style guide. You can also customize the colors of the axis lines and the background.
- Customize the animation setting to add extra emphasis to your data. There are four animation options to choose from.
- Download your bar graph in an image or PDF file. Embed onto your website or blog to keep the animation and interactivity. Add into other projects to show off your data.
Questions About the Bar Graph Maker
How much does it cost to create a bar graph with the bar graph maker? Creating a bar graph with Visme is completely free. If you want to download as a high-resolution PDF or interactive HTML, you can upgrade to a Standard plan.
Are all the fonts available inside the bar graph generator? Yes. The Graph Engine has all the fonts available, just like in the editor. Even your Brand Kit fonts. Brand Kits are included in the Standard Plan.
Can I create any kind of bar graph with Visme? Absolutely! You can make both vertical and horizontal bar graphs. You can also choose from a flat design or a 3D style. You can even create stacked bar graphs or double bar graphs.
Can I animate bar graphs with the bar graph generator? All graphs are automatically animated. If your design is interactive, it will include the animation. You can also choose to turn the animation off.
How much data can I add into a bar graph? You can add up to 40 units of data on the x axis and 50 on the y axis. You can also import live data from Google Sheets.
Can I color code my bar graph? You sure can! You have access to Visme’s color picker inside the bar chart generator, giving you the freedom to choose from any color you can find. You can also add in specific hex codes to match your brand.
Your data deserves to be beautiful
…and so does the rest of your content
All-in-one Visual Communication Tool
Go beyond Bar Graphs. Visme is “the only” tool you’ll need to create all forms of visual content.
Design beautiful and interactive Presentations and Infographics to Reports, Surveys, Social Graphics, and over 20 other content formats.