USED BY LEADING BRANDS
How to Make Pictograms in 5 Steps
Create a pictogram quickly and easily with Visme’s free pictogram chart maker. Find the perfect icons to represent your content, color code based on your brand or topic, and set your numbers or percentages before downloading.
- Log into your Visme account and create a new project in the sidebar of your dashboard. Choose a pictogram template or start from scratch.
- To use the free pictograph maker, click on the data icon in the menu on the left, then find the array option in the sidebar.
- Pinpoint how many different icons you want in your pictogram, set their order and choose from our selection of vector icons.
- Customize colors, fonts, backgrounds and more in the Settings tab to create the pictogram design you’re envisioning.
- Easily share your engaging pictogram design by downloading, embedding or adding to another project.
Features of the Pictogram Maker
Visme’s free pictogram maker is a robust tool with tons of features to help you create visually appealing and easy-to-understand pictograms in minutes.
Beautiful pictogram templates
Don’t bother having to start from scratch. Choose from Visme’s selection of beautiful, premade pictograph templates to help you find a starting point for your design. You’re able to fully customize each template to fit your project or brand after you pick your favorite.Create Your Pictogram
Build your pictogram
Create a pictograph in minutes with Visme’s pictogram builder and vast collection of vector icons to utilize in your designs. Choose the icons that best fit your topic, and be sure to keep the same style of icons throughout your creation.
Customize every aspect of your pictogram to visualize numerical data
Pictograms are the perfect solution for adding a visual element to your numerical data. Not everyone in your audience can visualize numbers as easily as others, and adding an easy-to-understand pictograph can help them see visualize your numerical data at a glance. Choose your preferred icons, colors, backgrounds and more before completing your design.
More Great Features of the Pictogram Maker
What is a Pictogram?
A pictogram or pictograph is a type of data visualization that uses icons and other visual elements to represent numbers or percentages. If you’re creating an infographic or sharing numbers in a presentation or report, pictograms are a great way to offer a graphical element to your content.
Use the pictogram maker to add visuals to your content.
Numbers are boring. Take this opportunity to make your numerical data even more exciting by representing it with relevant icons and graphics. Color code your pictogram with tints that match your brand or your overall project and share with your audience.Create Your Pictogram
More Than a Pictogram Maker
Visme’s pictogram graph maker has never made visualizing numbers easier. Use the search bar to find the exact icon you’re looking for or browse through our 20+ categories of graphics.
10,000+ Vector Icons
- Access beautiful high-quality vector icons to spice up your pictogram designs
- Licensed for commercial and non-commercial use
- Icons available in 20+ categories across 4 distinct styles to complement any design
Create Your Pictogram
30+ Data Widgets
- Bring your statistics and figures to life with our easy-to-customize data widgets
- Insert values with one click or use the slider to insert your statistic or figure
- Customize the colors and size to fit your content and brand guidelines
Your pictogram chart doesn’t need to start from a blank canvas. While you can certainly take that route, we also have tons of pictogram templates to help get your design on its way. Our pictograph creator is only here to make your job easier, so browse through these templates to find the perfect starting point for your creation.
How to Use the Pictogram Maker
- First things first, you need to have your numerical data before getting started on your new pictogram chart. What numbers are you visually representing?
- The next step is to choose a pictogram template or get started with a blank canvas and start your design from scratch.
- To add a new pictogram or icon array, go to the Data sidebar and choose the data icon with circles and triangles.
- In the Settings tab, choose the icon(s) that best represents your data. You can choose a single icon or add multiple when comparing different numbers.
- Color code your icons to match your brand or fit your topic or project. Update the fonts in your customized pictogram to fit your brand style guide.
- Add a legend or labels to let your audience know what your icons are representing and what each of the numbers, colors and icons mean.
- If inserting more than one pictogram graph into your project, use the same visual style so that the finished design maintains a unified composition.
- Download your pictograph in an image or PDF file. Embed onto your website or blog to keep the animation and interactivity. Add into other projects to show off your data.
Questions About the Pictogram Maker
How much does it cost to create a pictograph with the pictograph maker?
Creating a pictograph with Visme is completely free. If you want to download as a high-resolution PDF or interactive HTML, you can upgrade to a Standard plan.
How many icons are available inside the pictogram maker?
There are over 10,000 high-quality vector icons across four distinct styles to choose from in the online pictogram maker. This ensures that each and every pictogram you create will be completely unique time and time again.
Can I embed my pictogram on my website?
Absolutely! If you want to show off an interactive and animated pictogram, Visme provides an embed code for you to insert into a webpage or blog post.
Can I use my Brand Kit with the pictogram maker?
You sure can! Brand Kits are available with a Standard plan, and make it easy to create designs that are 100% consistent with your company’s branding.
How many icons can I use in one pictogram?
You can include between one and three different icons in a single pictogram. If you would like to add even more icons, you can simply add additional pictograms or icon arrays into your design.
Can I color code my pictogram?
You sure can! You have access to Visme’s color picker inside the pictograph chart builder, giving you the freedom to color your icons with whatever you choose. You can also add in specific hex codes to match your brand or other projects.
Your data deserves to be beautiful
…and so does the rest of your content
All-in-one Visual Communication Tool
Go beyond Pictograms. Visme is “the only” tool you’ll need to create all forms of visual content.
Design beautiful and interactive Presentations and Infographics to Reports, Surveys, Social Graphics, and over 20 other content formats.