USED BY MANY. TRUSTED BY LEADING BRANDS.
How to Make White Papers in 5 Steps
If you’re looking to create a digestible white paper design, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve put together five easy steps on how to design your own white paper that is still chock-full of information on your topic.
- – Log in to your Visme account and click on the Documents icon.
- – Click on the White Paper option to browse through our high-quality templates.
- – Insert all of your in-depth information about your topic into the text boxes.
- – Use the template as is or customize to match your brand fonts and colors.
- – Download your finished white paper design as a PDF or share it online.
White Paper Design Tips
If you’re looking to create a compelling white paper, you need the right tools and tips. Start outlining and researching your content, write it up into a document then search for a white paper design template to help bring your information to life.
Beautiful white paper templates
All of our available templates are fully customizable to fit your vision for your white paper design. Use a professionally designed template to jumpstart your design, then customize it from head to toe in order to fit your topic and your brand.Create Your White Paper
Build your white paper design
Visme’s design editor comes with a variety of tools to help ensure your white paper design comes out flawlessly. Browse through easy-to-read fonts, shapes to make certain tidbits of information stand out, stock photos to visualize your topic and more.
Customize every aspect of your white paper design to visualize your in-depth information
White papers are created to showcase high-quality, in-depth and well-researched information, so it’s important to come out with a well-designed white paper so your reader can fully digest your complex topic. You can easily do this by taking advantage of creative design elements like icons, illustrations and even data visualization tools.
More Great Features of the White Paper Designer
What is a White Paper?
A white paper is a well-researched, authoritative report on a specific topic. These should always have a professional feel to them, which is why finding the right white paper design template that follows a comprehensive white paper format is the perfect way to get started.
Use the white paper maker to share important information with your audience.
Designing white papers that provide complex and comprehensive information can seem overwhelming, but with the right tools and templates, you can easily create something both beautiful and easy to understand. Visualize numbers and statistics, highlight important sentences, use a professional and easy-to-read font, and create the perfect white paper.Create Your White Paper
Tools for a Professional White Paper Design
If you’re still not sure about how to create a white paper, don’t worry – we’ve got the perfect tools to help you put together the best white paper design possible.
Data Visualization Tools
- Visualize data and statistics with dynamic and interactive chart options
- Access easy-to-use data widgets to create visuals for basic numbers
- Fully customize your charts and graphs to match your content and brand
Create Your White Paper
Free Font Library
- Search for your preferred font from hundreds of popular options
- Includes a broad selection of professional serif, sans serif, slab and script fonts
- Upload your own fonts using the Visme brand kit, available under a premium plan
White Paper Templates
Get started with one of our professionally designed templates that showcase the ideal white paper example and what you should expect when you finish customizing your design. Easily add in your own content and design elements to make the template your own. Browse through our selection below.
How to Design a White Paper
- Put together all of your content ahead of time so that you know exactly what you need to include within your white paper design.
- Log in to Visme and start a new project. Click on the Documents tab to access our library of white paper templates.
- Select one of the ready-to-use templates based on which one will best fit your content. You can customize every other aspect of the template later, so it’s better to choose based on your information.
- Edit all of the text areas, data visualizations, photos, icons and more when adding the content into your white paper.
- Use the Brand Kit to customize the fonts and colors to match your brand, sticking to just two or three fonts and colors throughout the white paper design.
- Change or resize the icons and photos in the template to fit your vision or upload your own photos to use.
- Proofread all of your information to make sure there are no typos and you’ve included everything you need to share.
- Generate a shareable link to your live white paper, download your finished design as a PDF to attach in an email or embed your interactive white papers on a web page for your audience to view.
- Save your white paper template so you can go back and reuse it again and again for future branded white papers.
Questions About the White Paper Maker
How much does it cost to create a white paper design with Visme? It’s completely free to design professional white papers with Visme. If you would like to download your white paper as a printable PDF, you’ll need to upgrade to a premium plan.
Can I go back and edit my white paper? Yes! Your white paper stays in your Visme dashboard for as long as you want it to, and you can go back in to edit it and update your information at any time. You can also save your edited templates as brand templates to access each time you need to create another white paper.
Can I use my Brand Kit in my white paper design? Absolutely. When you have a Brand Kit set up in Visme, it is available for all sorts of projects, not only white papers. To set up a Brand Kit, you need to upgrade to a premium plan.
Can I add charts and maps to my white paper? Yes, we have over thirty different types of data visualization tools that will allow you to quickly and easily add visually appealing and interactive data into your design. Customize each data tool to match your brand and the rest of your white paper.
Are there any white paper templates? There sure are! We have a wide variety of professionally designed white paper templates, filled with placeholder content, for you to jump into and fill in with your own content.
Are there icons and photos available for commercial use? You bet. Visme has millions of stock photos and over 10,000 customizable vector icons for you to add into your white paper design. These are licensed for both personal and commercial use.
Your white paper deserves to be beautiful
…and so does the rest of your content
All-in-one Visual Communication Tool
Go beyond white papers. Visme is the only tool you’ll need to create all forms of visual content.
Design beautiful and interactive presentations and infographics to reports, surveys, social graphics, and over 20 other content formats.