USED BY LEADING BRANDS
How to Make Pie Charts in 5 Steps
Create a customized pie chart quickly and easily with Visme’s free pie chart maker. We walk you through how you can easily create a beautiful pie chart by starting with a template, inputting your data and customizing your design.
- Log in to Visme and open a new project in the dashboard. Choose a template, add your pie chart to an existing project or start with a blank canvas.
- To use the pie chart maker, click on the data icon in the menu on the left. Enter the Graph Engine by clicking the icon of two charts.
- Choose the pie chart option and add your data to the pie chart creator, either by hand or by importing an Excel or Google sheet.
- Customize colors, fonts, backgrounds and more inside the Settings tab of the Graph Engine.
- Easily share your stunning pie chart design by downloading, embedding or adding to another project.
Features of the Pie Chart Maker
Color code your pie pieces, add a legend, label your chart and more with Visme’s easy-to-use pie chart generator. Take advantage of data visualization tools and other features to make your design process easier than ever.
Beautiful pie chart templates
Visme offers dozens of premade pie chart templates to choose from to jumpstart your design. Find a template that is similar to your data set or preferred color scheme, click to edit, then input your data to watch your pie chart come to life.Create Your Pie Chart
Build your pie chart
Create online pie charts quickly and easily by inputting data manually into the Visme Graph Engine or importing an existing Excel or Google spreadsheet. Watch the Graph Engine transform your pie chart according to your data, and easily build your legend and labels within the settings.
Customize every aspect of your pie chart to visualize your data
The pie chart builder has plenty of settings to customize how the values are shown – as decimals or percentages. Choose from hundreds of fonts inside the Settings tab. The Visme pie chart maker will not only let you customize a pie chart with your data, fonts, colors, labels and backgrounds, it also offers various animation effects for added visual impact.
More Great Features of the Pie Chart Maker
What is a Pie Chart?
A pie chart is a type of data visualization that showcases different pieces of a whole. These are best used to represent percentages as these add up to a full one hundred percent. Pie charts are divided up into differently sized pieces that are used to represent the amounts of each percentage.
Use the pie chart maker to build a perfect visual according to your data.
Choose from our selection of circle graphs, from full circles to ring shapes, flat or isometric. Use the pie chart generator to enter the values of your data. You can input it manually or import it from a Google spreadsheet or Excel sheet.Create Your Pie Chart
More Than a Pie Chart Creator
Visme’s creative pie chart maker helps you to create online pie charts that are both easy to understand and beautifully designed. Take advantage of Visme’s pie chart features to create data visualizations your audience will love.
Charts and Graphs
- Select from line, pie, bar, pyramid, Mekko and radar charts
- Import data from an Excel file or connect to Google Sheets
- Create automatically animated charts that can be shared online, embedded on a site or downloaded
Create Your Pie Chart
- Choose from dozens of drag-and-drop, easy-to-customize widgets
- Insert your own values with one click or use the slider
- Adjust the color schemes and size to fit your content needs
Pie Chart Templates
Make your data visualization design as painless as possible by getting started with a premade pie chart template. Create a pie chart by simply editing and customizing the template of your choosing. Input your data, customize fonts and colors, and download.
How to Use the Circle Graph Maker
- Create a vision for your pie chart. What is your primary message? Who is the audience for your marketing campaign/presentation?
- Find the pie chart template that most closely matches the idea that you have in your head. You can also choose to start your design from scratch.
- Have all your data values ready for input. You can have them in an Excel sheet for easy import or sync live data to your pie chart with a Google spreadsheet.
- Find high-resolution stock images that correspond with your visual preferences. We have millions to choose from within the circle graph maker. You may also upload your original images.
- Customize the colors of the pie chart to fit your brand style guide or the color style of the design you’re working on. Inputting a color hex number is easily done in our pie chart generator.
- Choose the same fonts as the rest of your design so your pie chart fits perfectly when you insert it.
- Use the settings in the circle graph creator to set up the data in a way that will fit well with the composition of your design. Adjust the angle of the chart for better visibility.
- If you are creating an interactive infographic, or a presentation, use the animation setting and add extra emphasis to the data. There are numerous animated options to choose from.
- If using more than one pie chart in your design, it’s best to stick with one style so the composition maintains a unified style.
Questions About the Pie Chart Maker
How much does it cost to create a pie chart with the pie chart maker?
Creating a circle graph with Visme is completely free. If you want to download as a high-resolution PDF or interactive HTML, you’ll need to upgrade to a Standard plan.
Are all the fonts available inside the bar graph generator?
Yes. The Graph Engine has all the fonts available, just like in the editor. Even your Brand Kit fonts. Brand Kits are included in the Standard Plan.
I want to create a pie chart for commercial purposes. Does Visme give me images to use in my charts?
Absolutely! The millions of free images in our library are available for commercial use without attribution.
Can I share my chart online or print it?
Visme gives you the opportunity to download your file in PDF format completely ready for a professional print job. You can also easily share your creation on social media with a unique URL generated by the pie chart maker.
I have absolutely no design skills. How does Visme help me?
Visme was made for people just like you! Our entire platform is made to be intuitive and straightforward. We have cultivated an easy-to-use, drag-and-drop platform that brings the best professional tools to you.
Can I upload my own data from a spreadsheet?
You sure can! You can either link a Google Sheet or an Excel spreadsheet with your own data to the pie chart maker. All changes made in the original Google Sheet (published to the Web) will be reflected in your pie chart.
Your data deserves to be beautiful
…and so does the rest of your content
All-In-One Visual Communication Tool
Go beyond Pie Charts. Visme is “the only” tool you’ll need to create all forms of visual content.
Design beautiful and interactive Presentations and Infographics to Reports, Surveys, Social Graphics and over 20 other content formats.