Chosen by brands large and small
Our concept map maker is used by over 10,209,854 marketers, communicators, executives and educators from over 120 countries that include:
How to Make Concept Maps in 5 Steps
The shapes and lines in the concept map maker can be expanded to limitless possibilities. Choose from various shapes and dozens of line styles and end points.
We've put together a basic five-step process to help you create concept maps in minutes. Learn how to easily create concept maps online below.
- Log in to the Visme dashboard and click the flowchart icon in the Data tab.
- Click on it and choose the first shape to start your concept map.
- Click on your shape to drag your first arrow from the side of your choice.
- Add relevant text to the shapes and customize the color, size, and font.
- Download your finished design from the concept map creator as an image file.
Features of the Concept Map Maker
Need to create custom concept maps to help explain complex concepts and ideas to your audience or team? Visme makes it easy to make high-quality concept maps in minutes.
Beautiful concept map templates
Starting with a concept map template is a great way to jumpstart your design without having to create your concept map from scratch. Start with a basis for your diagram, then switch out shapes and line designs and rearrange the diagram to fit your concept.Create Your Concept Map
Start concept mapping your ideas
Visme’s online concept map maker gives you the tools to create a concept map from scratch by adding shapes, connecting them to lines and moving them around the canvas to properly convey your concepts.
Customize every aspect of your concept map to better organize your thought process
Everything inside the free concept map maker can be customized. Enlarge or minimize the shapes while keeping the lines connected. Stretch and shrink the lines or connect more. Insert relevant text inside the shapes and customize the color and shape. Animate your concept map with the actions tab found in the top-right menu.
More Great Features of the Concept Map Maker
- Library of premade templates to help demonstrate your concept
- Hundreds of thousands of icons and photos to choose from
- Add in your own branded fonts and colors to make it your own
- Easy drag-and-drop design tools, made with the non-designer in mind
- Choose your shape and line style, then draw out your concept map
- Download as an image file or PDF or embed on a webpage
What is a Concept Map?
A concept map is a type of flowchart or diagram that demonstrates relationships between concepts. They can show the various jobs certain college degrees can lead to and their specializations, illustrate what different concepts can do and so much more.
Creating a concept map is a great way to help yourself, your class or your team understand complex concepts or visualize a brainstorming session. Visme's easy-to-use diagramming tools make it easy to create your own online concept map.Create Your Concept Map
Use the concept map maker to organize ideas and visualize concepts.
The free online concept map maker can be found inside the Data tab on the left-hand panel of the Visme editor. Select a shape to begin building your concept map. Use the customizable building tools in each shape to expand the concept map in the directions you need.
More Than a Concept Map Maker
Visme’s free concept map diagram tool is so much more than your everyday concept map maker. With a variety of shapes and line designs to choose from, the ability to drag and drop different elements all over the canvas, and easy-to-use diagram-making capabilities, you’ll be able to make concept maps in minutes.
MAKE IT ENGAGING
Create interactive and animated concept maps that are clickable and engaging for your audience to look through and learn more about your idea.
VISUALIZE YOUR DATA
Charts & Graphs
Utilize Visme’s concept map diagramming tools along with other charts and graphs to visualize all kinds of information in the blink of an eye.
BEAUTIFY YOUR CONTENT
Images & Graphics
Choose from over a million stock photos, icons, illustrations, characters, lines, shapes and more to decorate your concept map and accent your content.
Concept Map Templates
Of course you can easily create your own concept map from scratch, but Visme also gives you the ability to choose from one of our professionally designed concept map templates based on the formatting you need, whether it's hierarchical, web-like or something else altogether.
How to Use the Concept Map Maker
- Decide on the concept, question or central topic you want to elaborate on. Write down the first idea as a title or main topic.
- Sketch a quick rough draft of your concept map to get an idea of the directions you want it to have.
- Log in to the Visme dashboard and choose a blank canvas or a concept map template.
- Click on the Data tab which is located on the left-hand panel. Choose the concept map tool from the menu.
- Select the first shape to start building the concept map. Try and stick to one type of shape for the entire concept map or use different shapes for sections that need to be differentiated from the rest.
- Use the integrated building tools inside each shape to grow the concept map in all directions with your subtopics or related ideas.
- Customize the size of shapes and lines. If you need to move a line and shape to another section, just un-attach it and attach it somewhere else.
- Insert the title in the main shape and relevant text to the other shapes.
- Change the font, color, and size of the text inside your concept map.
- Download your diagram from the concept map maker and add it to an email or blog post. Embed an animated concept map to your website with just a little snippet of code.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
You can easily create concept maps online for free with Visme. Simply find a template that has a similar look to what you're going for or start from scratch to create something that's completely your own. Grab shapes and line designs from the diagramming section of Visme's sidebar and create a concept map perfect for your next brainstorm.
Yes! All sections in the concept map can be given an animated effect. When finished, you can embed it on your website, but if you want to download it as an interactive HTML5 file, you need a Standard Plan.
Yes. All shapes and lines inside the concept map maker are customizable in terms of size, color and position.
Absolutely. When you have a Brand Kit set up in Visme, it is available for all sorts of projects, not only concept maps. To have a Brand Kit you need to purchase a Standard Plan.
No, that is one of the best features of the concept map maker. When you move a shape or even change its size, the connected lines will not disconnect unless you choose to do so. This helps so much with composition and organization of thoughts.
While there are a variety of concept or mind mapping tools available like Lucidchart or Microsoft PowerPoint, we believe Visme is the best concept map maker. This is because you can create completely unique concept maps quickly and easily, in addition to nearly any other type of visual content you might need.
Your concept maps deserve to be beautiful and so does the rest of your content
Create visual brand experiences whether you are a seasoned designer or a total novice.
Access hundreds of professionally designed slides to create your presentation.Learn more
Put together helpful printables like flyers, coupons, menus, brochures and more.Learn more
Engage your audience online with static and animated social media graphics.Learn more