USED BY MANY. TRUSTED BY LEADING BRANDS.
How to Make GIFs in 5 Steps
Everyone knows and loves GIFs on the internet. They’re used for reaction comments and to bring humor and personality into your brand regularly. But they can also be used to create stunning, animated graphics to promote your business, products, services and content.
- Take a look at our social media and blog graphic templates.
- You can choose a pre-animated template or animate a static template yourself.
- Customize the fonts, colors and illustrated icons to match your brand.
- Choose your animations for each element. Stick to just two or three different styles.
- Download your finished animated graphic as a GIF to share online.
Features of the GIF Maker
If you’re looking for easy GIF creation, you’ve found it with Visme. Our custom GIF maker allows you to create fully customizable branded GIFs to engage your audience and promote your business.
Beautiful GIF templates
Browse our animated and static templates to find something that works for you. Any image under 1080x1080px can be downloaded as a GIF and shared with your audience. Simply animate the icons and illustrations, add effects to your text and download.Create Your GIF
Build your GIF
Use Visme’s animated illustrations, characters and gestures to draw attention to various aspects of your graphics. Point to your call-to-action button, animate an illustration that’s relevant to your product or service, and more.
Customize every aspect of your GIF to engage your audience
Social media graphic creation has never been more awesome. Use Visme’s online GIF maker to create animated graphics that will grab your audience’s attention on social media, in email newsletters or even within your blog posts.
Create branded graphics with your fonts and colors, customize icons and illustrations, and download and share your handmade GIFs.
More Great Features of the GIF Maker
What is a GIF?
GIF stands for Graphics Interchange Format, and was developed in 1987 as a moving image. These can be used in many ways, from humorous moving pictures to quick looping clips from movies and shows to branded GIFs you can use in marketing.
Use the GIF maker to promote your business.
Create GIFs to use as calls-to-action for lead magnets and requesting a quote. Make a GIF to share on social media to promote your latest blog post. You can even make GIFs to use in your email newsletters to engage your subscribers.Create Your GIF
More Than a GIF Maker
Visme’s online GIF maker is so much more than just a text GIF maker or a video GIF maker. Our GIF application gives you complete control over what your GIF will look like. Choose your fonts, colors, icons, photos and more, and decide what your GIF creations will look like.
Graphics and Illustrations
- Select from thousands of vector icons and shapes with editable color schemes
- Find stunning, pre-designed animated illustrations to add to your designs
- Add animated characters and gestures to your GIFs to grab attention
Create Your GIF
Match Your Branding
- Add your brand colors and fonts into your online Brand Kit
- Customize your GIF design to match your brand
- Save your brand guide to easily access for future designs
Browse through our social media post templates, both animated and static, to find the perfect template to turn into your next branded GIF. All icons, illustrations and design elements can be animated to give your designs a little something extra.
How to Use the GIF Maker
- First, determine what you want to promote on your website, email or social media. This will help you start with your GIF creation process.
- Log into Visme to access the GIF creator. Start a new project and click on the Web Graphics or Social Graphics tab to access our selection of animated templates.
- Select the template that most closely matches the type of GIF you want to create.
- Customize the template until it looks exactly how you want it to. You can update fonts, colors, icons, illustrations, everything.
- Click on an element, whether it’s a text box or an icon or illustration, and open the animation settings.
- There are 15 different types of animations you can add to a single element, but we recommend you stick to just two or three in a single design.
- Animate each element that you want to draw attention to and preview your design to make sure it looks good.
- Download as a GIF and share on social media, in your email newsletters and in your blog posts.
Questions About the GIF Maker
Can I change the size of my GIF to fit different social media platforms? Of course! You can easily duplicate your GIF design in a new project, then update the canvas dimensions to match the optimal sizing for each platform.
How much does it cost to create an GIF with the best GIF maker? Creating an animated graphic and embedding it onto a webpage is 100% free. Downloading the graphic as a GIF file is available on any of our premium plans.
Are the templates completely customizable? Yes! All templates are infinitely customizable. Plus, you can upload your own fonts, images and graphics if you don’t want to use the ones provided in the editor.
Can I use my Brand Kit with the GIF maker? Absolutely. When you have a Brand Kit set up in Visme, it is available for all sorts of projects, not only GIFs. To use the Brand Kit, you’ll need to upgrade to a Standard Plan.
Are there templates for different industries? Yes, we have many industry options in our template library. We’re sure you’ll find one that will be perfect for your design. If in the end you can’t find the one, start with a blank canvas and use content blocks for help. Let us know if you think we’re missing any important industries in our template selection!
Can I use any illustration or icon in my GIF? You sure can! All the illustrations are accessible for free and can be used and downloaded within any project.
Your GIFs deserve to be beautiful
…and so does the rest of your content
All-in-one Visual Communication Tool
Go beyond GIFs. Visme is the only tool you’ll need to create all forms of visual content.
Design beautiful and interactive presentations and infographics to reports, surveys, social graphics, and over 20 other content formats.