Chosen by brands large and small
Our tree diagram maker is used by over 10,209,854 marketers, communicators, executives and educators from over 120 countries that include:
Tree Diagram Templates
Jumpstart your design by taking advantage of one of Visme’s free or premium tree diagram templates. Simply customize fonts, colors and content until your decision tree looks exactly the way you want it to. Select your favorite template below to get started.
Features of the Tree Diagram Maker
Visualize decision making processes by creating a tree diagram with Visme’s decision tree software using various shapes, lines and other design elements.
Beautiful tree diagram templates
While you can certainly create your tree diagram from scratch, Visme also offers beautifully designed tree diagram templates to help you create your design even more easily. Find your starting point and adjust your diagram to fit your decisions.Create Your Tree Diagram
Build your tree diagram
Visme’s drag-and-drop decision tree maker allows you to easily drag your shapes around the canvas, connect arrows to various decisions and outcomes, and completely create your decision tree to look exactly how you want it to.
Customize every aspect of your tree diagram to visualize decisions
All sections in the tree diagram maker can be customized. The shapes can be of different sizes and colors. All the lines stay connected as a default but can be disconnected if needed. Connections can be stretched, made smaller and moved around with the help of the integrated connecting points. Choose from a variety of shapes and line styles.
More Great Features of the Tree Diagram Maker
- Free premade decision tree templates to jumpstart your design
- Hundreds of thousands of icons and photos to choose from
- Add in your own branded fonts and colors to make it your own
- Easy drag-and-drop design tools, made with the non-designer in mind
- Choose your shape and line style, then draw out your tree diagram
- Download as an image file or PDF or embed on a webpage
What is a Tree Diagram?
A tree diagram or decision tree is a flowchart-esque diagram that allows users to view potential outcomes and consequences of decisions before choosing which direction to go. These can be very helpful for business processes and even making hard personal decisions.
Tree diagrams start with a basic shape and use different line designs to connect similar concepts and ideas. You can easily create your own tree diagram with Visme's drag-and-drop diagramming tool.Create Your Tree Diagram
Use the tree diagram maker to help guide decision making.
Making decisions, especially important business or life decisions, can be stressful. Using a decision tree to help guide potential outcomes can help you or your team to determine the best course of action. Use Visme’s tree diagram generator to help you draw tree charts and make smarter decisions.
More Than a Tree Diagram Maker
Visme’s tree diagram creator makes it incredibly easy for you to customize every aspect of your decision tree. You can create a variety of tree diagrams, all with different looks and feels, or you can match each one to your brand. Customize your line design, shapes and more.
MAKE IT ENGAGING
Create interactive tree diagrams with popup and rollover effects that allow your viewer to interact with your design to learn more information.
VISUALIZE YOUR DATA
Charts & Graphs
Visualize information beautifully with charts, graphs, flowchart elements, data widgets and other customizable data visualization assets.
BEAUTIFY YOUR CONTENT
Images & Icons
Choose from over a million stock photos, icons, illustrations, animated graphics and more to create a completely unique tree diagram design.
How to Make Tree Diagrams in 5 Steps
Make tree diagrams quickly and easily with Visme’s free tree diagram maker. Help to visualize business decisions and map out possible outcomes and consequences with easy-to-use drag and drop tools.
Watch our quick video tutorial to learn how you can easily design your own tree diagram using Visme's drag-and-drop flowchart diagramming tools. Then get started creating your own.
- Log into your Visme dashboard and choose a tree diagram template.
- To start creating your decision tree, click on the Data tab and choose the flowchart icon.
- Choose a shape to start building your tree diagram and add it to the canvas.
- Click an arrow and drag it to the next shape in your decision tree.
- Share your project online or download as a PDF or high-resolution image file.
How to Use the Tree Diagram Maker
- Map out the basis of your tree diagram on paper so you have an idea of how it needs to look.
- Log in to Visme and start a new project. Start by searching for flowchart templates to get the basis of a tree diagram.
- Choose one of the shapes included within the online tree map maker to start building your diagram.
- Click on the first shape on the canvas. Then drag an arrow according to the direction you want the tree diagram to continue.
- Choose from one of the six possible connecting combinations within the online diagram software.
- Add descriptive text to the shapes and customize the font, size and color. Use the guidelines to neatly align your shapes and text boxes.
- If you need to change the size of any shape, it stays connected to the lines unless you wish to detach them.
- Download your diagram from the tree diagram maker to add to a blog post or embed an interactive decision tree to a webpage.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Tree diagrams or decision trees are used to demonstrate the various outcomes that different decisions can have. They’re a great way to make smarter business decisions.
Creating a tree diagram is 100% free. Downloading the diagram as a JPEG file or embedding into your website is also free. If you want to download as a PNG, you’ll need to upgrade to a Standard plan.
Yes, we have many tree diagram templates available inside the dashboard and we are creating more all the time. Nevertheless, the tree diagram maker is so versatile that you won’t need templates.
Yes! The tree diagram maker will let you draw tree charts just how you need them. Every single section is customizable for shape, size and position.
Absolutely. Every section in your tree diagram can be animated and have interactive elements added. To download it as an HTML5 file you will need a Standard Plan, but embedding it on your site is free.
Nope! If you create a tree diagram inside a blank canvas or any other template, you can resize the canvas and adjust the tree diagram. If you create it inside an infographic, you can use the draggable sizing tool at the bottom of the canvas.