USED BY MANY. TRUSTED BY LEADING BRANDS.
How to Make Posters in 5 Steps
Design stunning posters that will wow your audience quickly and easily with Visme’s free online poster maker. Learn more about how to use our design software to create posters in five easy steps.
- Start a new Visme project, click on the Printables tab and select the Posters icon.
- Select from one of the templates; there are event posters and art posters to choose from.
- Add your own images or find suitable ones in the graphics tab on the left-hand panel.
- Customize the text and change the color scheme to fit your vision or your event.
- Download the finished poster as a PDF with bleed marks and print on poster paper.
Features of the Poster Maker
Check out everything that Visme’s online poster maker has to offer. From professionally designed templates to stunning design assets, you’ll have everything you need right at your fingertips to design your own posters.
Beautiful poster templates
Browse Visme’s selection of art and event posters to choose the premade template that fits your poster needs. Fully customize each part of the template until your poster design matches your event or branding and you’re ready to display it.Create Your Poster
Build your poster
Whether you’re promoting an event or simply decorating your home office space, you want to have as much flexibility as possible to build the perfect poster. With Visme, you can easily add in high-quality stock photos, icons, text blocks and more to build your poster.
Customize every aspect of your poster to fit your content needs
Add your own images to the poster maker or search for some in the graphics panel on the left. Adjust the size and position of your images easily. Apply image filters by clicking on the Filters tab found in the top menu that appears when an image is clicked. Customize the fonts and colors to match your color palette and brand identity.
More Great Features of the Poster Maker
What is a Poster?
A poster is a large, printed piece of paper that many people use to decorate their rooms and offices. Posters can also be used to hang up at venues to promote upcoming events or specials. Posters tend to be brightly colored and eye-catching to stand out to people in the room.
Use the poster maker to promote events, create wall art or design memorable quote graphics.
Start a new project in the Visme dashboard and select the Printables tab. Click on the Posters icon and browse the available templates for events or wall art. Choose the template which best fits your vision. If you change your mind, the free poster maker will let you change to another template from inside the editor.Create Your Poster
More Than a Poster Maker
Visme’s easy-to-use poster maker helps you to design custom posters that you and your audience will love in minutes. Customize your poster and work with your team to create the perfect design for your poster.
Images and Graphics
- Choose from millions of high-quality images, free for commercial or editorial use
- Select from thousands of vector icons and graphics with editable color schemes
- Tap into dynamic shapes and lines that you can resize to fit any design
Create Your Poster
- Select from hundreds of free fonts in all styles, including the most popular typefaces
- Choose from serif, san serif, script and slab fonts, depending on your content needs
- Upload your own fonts and assign specific roles to each within the Visme brand kit
Create professional posters with the library of beautifully designed poster templates ready and waiting for you to customize and add your personal touch. Visme’s poster creator allows you to fully customize each and every part of our templates. Start browsing our selection below.
How to Use the Poster Maker
- Visualize your poster idea and write down all the text that will be included in the design. Have all your images ready on your desktop.
- Log in to Visme and enter the dashboard. Click on the Printables tab within the poster maker and then the poster icon on the far left.
- Browse through the templates in the poster creator to find the one that best fits your vision. If you change your mind, you can select another template inside the editor.
- Add your own images to the poster maker or use the ones provided in the graphics tab on the left-hand panel. Use an image for a background, or just a color and the images on top. Arrange it all to fit the space and add photo filters if you want.
- Change the text to what you need it to be. If using the poster creator for an event poster, make sure all the information is correct.
- Customize the fonts and colors to match your color palette and brand. If you have a Visme Brand Kit, your branded colors and fonts will be readily available.
- Add icons and graphics from the left-hand panel within the poster creator to add some added visual value to your poster. Use the search bar or simply browse through the categories to find what you want.
- Proofread everything and double check the quality of your images. If you are printing the poster, the photos must not be pixelated or blurry.
- Download the finished design from the poster maker as a high-quality image file or printable PDF. Send the file to a printer to be printed on poster paper. Hang up the poster where everyone can see.
Questions About the Poster Maker
How much does it cost to create a poster with the poster designer? It’s 100% free to make a poster with Visme and download it as an image file. If you want to download as a high-resolution PDF file with crop marks, you’ll need to upgrade to a Standard plan.
Does the poster maker have templates for me to use? Yes! There are templates for event posters as well as wall art posters. If you can’t find the template you need, you can also create from a blank canvas and use suggested content blocks.
Is it easy to print my poster once it’s done? It sure is! As long as you download the poster as a high quality image file or PDF with bleed marks, your poster will look great printed. Also, you must make sure that the photos are good quality so that they don’t print blurry or pixelated.
Can I share my poster on social media as well? Absolutely. You might have to shrink it though for optimal sharing. Download it and then shrink it on your computer’s image viewer to make it a little smaller. A great place to share your poster is on Pinterest or via email.
Can I use the poster maker to create quote posters to sell? Yes, you can. If you regularly make posters to sell on Etsy or Society6, you can now make them in Visme too!
Can I use any photo in the image library in my poster? You sure can! All the images are available for both personal and commercial use, so feel free to use any photo from the stock photo library within your poster.
Your poster deserves to be beautiful
…and so does the rest of your content
All-in-one Visual Communication Tool
Go beyond posters. Visme is the only tool you’ll need to create all forms of visual content.
Design beautiful and interactive presentations and infographics to reports, surveys, social graphics, and over 20 other content formats.