USED BY LEADING BRANDS
How to Make Line Graphs in 5 Steps
Create online line graphs within minutes with our easy-to-use line graph generator. Input your data manually or by importing a spreadsheet, color code your lines, add a legend and share your information with your audience visually.
- Log in to Visme and open a new project in the dashboard. Choose an infographic, presentation or blank canvas.
- To use the line graph maker, click on the data icon in the menu on the left. Enter the Graph Engine by clicking the icon of two charts.
- Choose the line chart icon from the left sidebar and add your data into the line chart maker by hand or by importing an Excel or Google sheet.
- Fully customize your line graph by updating colors, fonts, backgrounds and more inside the Settings tab of the Graph Engine.
- Easily share your customized line graph graph design by downloading, embedding or adding to another project.
Features of the Line Graph Maker
Creating line charts has never been easier thanks to Visme’s fully customizable line chart creator. Find tons of useful features like predesigned templates, easy-to-use chart widgets and more.
Beautiful line graph templates
Choose from our selection of premade line charts to help make your line chart creation process easy as pie. Find a line chart that looks similar to your data set so that you can quickly swap in your information and complete your design.Create Your Line Graph
Build your line graph
Creating a line graph doesn’t have to be a long and difficult process. With Visme’s line graph creator, all you have to do is find a template, input your data, color code your information, design your background and download your design.
Customize every aspect of your line graph according to your needs
Adjust the colors of the progression lines, the background, the axis lines and values. Use your brand colors or the color palette of your project for a perfect match. Decide on the position of the legend, the angle of the value tabs, the data hover and an animation style. You can even upload background images and apply color overlays to your final graph.
More Great Features of the Line Graph Maker
What is a Line Graph?
A line graph or line chart is a type of data visualization that displays data values as points on a line. This can consist of a single line or showcase multiple lines as a comparison. Line charts focus on showing change over time, and can be great to use for sales, traffic, and other types of business growth.
Use the line graph maker to visualize the progression of data over time.
Show off periods of growth by creating a line graph with our animated line graph maker. Create static or animated line charts by choosing an animation type and embedding your chart into a webpage. Input your data and finalize your design within minutes.Create Your Line Graph
More Than a Line Graph Creator
Create a line graph for free using Visme’s line graph maker online and a premade line graph template. Enjoy all of the available features that help make line graph creation such a breeze, resulting in stunning designs time after time.
Charts and Graphs
- Create all types of charts and graphs, including bar, pie, line, pyramid, scatter and radar charts
- Choose from 2D and 3D formats to display your chart
- All charts are automatically animated, although you can choose to make them static
Create Your Line Graph
30+ Data Widgets
- Use our one-of-a-kind, drag-and-drop data widgets to emphasize key stats and numbers
- Insert your own data with one click using the slider or manually input the value
- Modify the colors to fit your content or brand scheme
Line Graph Templates
Create your custom line graph quickly and easily by getting started with a gorgeous, predesigned line graph template. Choose from our selection of premade starter templates, edit the data, customize the design to match your topic or your brand, and download.
How to Use the Line Graph Maker
- Before making your line graph with the free line graph maker, have all your data ready. Sketch out the best time progression for your graph.
- Insert the data manually or import from an Excel sheet. You can also import live data from a Google spreadsheet.
- Choose the value settings to best match your data. There are options for percentages and monetary symbols.
- Customize the fonts, background and the colors of the lines according to your brand style guide.
- If it’s not a branded line graph, use a color palette that matches the rest of your project. Decide on the position of the legend and the angle of the values.
- Using the settings tab in the line graph generator, choose the style of the lines – angled, smooth or stepped.
- If you are creating an interactive design, use the animation settings to bring your line graph to life. There are multiple animated options to choose from.
- When using more than one line graph, be sure to use the same style throughout. This way your project will have a unified look.
Questions About the Line Graph Maker
How much does it cost to create a line graph with the line graph creator?
Creating a custom line graph with Visme is completely free. It’s also free to insert your line chart into any design. If you’d like to include an animated line graph in an interactive design, you can upgrade to a Standard plan to download an HTML5 format.
Are all the fonts and colors available inside the line chart maker?
Yes! The Graph Engine has all the fonts and colors available, just like in the editor. Even your Brand Kit fonts and colors. Brand Kits are included in the Standard Plan.
Can I create any kind of line graph with Visme?
Absolutely! You can make single and stacked line graphs. You can also choose from three different types of line styles – angled, smooth or steps.
Can I animate a line graph with the line graph creator?
All graphs are automatically animated. If your design is interactive, it will include the animation. You can also choose to turn the animation off.
How much data can I add into a line graph?
The line graphs can have as much as 40 units of data on the x-axis and 50 on the y-axis. However, you don’t need to add all the data by hand. You can import it with the help of a CSV or Excel sheet.
Can I create a line graph with live data?
You sure can! You can easily make a graph with live data using the line graph maker by importing a Google spreadsheet that has been previously published to the web.
Your data deserves to be beautiful
…and so does the rest of your content
All-In-One Visual Communication Tool
Go beyond Line Graphs. Visme is “the only” tool you’ll need to create all forms of visual content.
Design beautiful and interactive Presentations and Infographics to Reports, Surveys, Social Graphics and over 20 other content formats.