USED BY LEADING BRANDS
How to Make a Lesson Plan in 5 Steps
Visme’s lesson plan maker app will help you organize class schedules and outline lesson goals for students of all ages. Plan lessons more effectively using ready-made lesson planner templates, including templates for weekly lesson plans and course overviews. Follow the steps below to create your own free lesson plan online in minutes.
- Log into Visme, create a new project and select your favorite lesson plan template.
- Replace the placeholder text with your own or add text inside the spaces provided.
- Change the fonts and colors to customize the look and feel of your lesson plan template.
- Drag and drop content blocks, free icons, shapes, photos and more from our built-in graphic library.
- Download your lesson plan in JPG, PNG or PDF format for printing, or share it online with your students using a link.
Features of the Lesson Plan Maker
Visme’s easy-to-use lesson plan maker comes packed with features to help you design effective lesson plans that show students and their parents what to expect from your classes.
Visual lesson plan templates
Communicating lesson structures is easier than ever with Visme’s engaging lesson plan templates. Browse our vast library and choose from weekly lesson planners, daily lesson plans and other templates for planning lessons to find one that works for your needs.Create Your Lesson Plan
Build your lesson plan
Each lesson plan template in Visme is made by professional designers and is fully customizable to fit your subject and needs. Choose your favorite one or start from scratch using custom dimensions. Drag and drop icons, photos, illustrations, content blocks and other elements from the left-hand panel inside the editor to build your lesson plan.
Customize every aspect of your lesson plan to fit your subject
Make your lesson plan unique by customizing it to your heart’s content. Change colors and fonts, edit icon and shape style, and even add animation and interactivity to your lesson plan. You don’t even need any design skills. Visme’s friendly editor has a drag-and-drop interface and millions of free built-in graphic assets to get you started.
More Great Features of the Lesson Plan Maker
What is a Lesson Plan?
A lesson plan is a document that teachers can share with their students to communicate lesson goals and objectives, or simply to stay organized throughout the week or month. Students can use lesson plans as roadmaps to know what’s coming in the following week and what projects or readings to complete.
Use the lesson plan maker to outline class objectives and structure.
For teachers, lesson planning can take hours, if not days, to get right. With Visme’s lesson plan generator, you can quickly and easily create lesson plans that fit your subject requirements. Use free lesson plan templates to whip up a design in minutes, add your content in the provided blocks, and then share online with students directly or send off for printing.Create Your Lesson Plan
More Than a Lesson Plan Maker
Visme is a versatile graphic design tool that lets educators and organizations create all kinds of interactive visual content, not just lesson plans.
Don’t Stop at Lesson Plans
- Create daily or weekly class schedules, report cards and stunning certificates
- Design engaging presentations on all kinds of topics with 1000+ premade slides
- Make interactive infographics to use as visual aids or embed in presentations
Create Your Lesson Plan
Images and Graphics
- Choose from millions of high-quality photos, free for personal or commercial use
- Browse through hundreds of icons, shapes and illustrations inside the editor
- Drag and drop graphics onto your lesson plan, and change colors and styles
Lesson Plan Templates
Browse through dozens of ready-made lesson plan templates and select your favorite one to customize. Choose from a variety of weekly lesson plan templates, lesson goals and objective templates, and other unique lesson planners. In Visme’s vast template library, you’re sure to find exactly what you’re looking for.
How to Use the Lesson Plan Maker
- Log into your Visme account or create a new one for free by clicking the blue button below.
- Once in your dashboard, click on Create and type in “lesson plan” in the search bar to browse through the different template options.
- Choose your favorite lesson plan template to customize or start with a blank canvas to build one from scratch.
- Replace the title and any other content with your own, and add your text inside the provided spaces and boxes.
- Change colors and fonts to customize the lesson plan’s look and feel, or upload your own school colors, fonts and logo.
- Easily match your lesson plan to your class subject or school colors and branding.
- Drag and drop free images, icons, shapes, data widgets and more to enhance the design of your lesson plan.
- Download your lesson plan for printing or attaching in an email, or share it directly with students using an online link.
Questions About the Lesson Plan Maker
How much does it cost to build a lesson plan with the lesson plan maker?
Creating a lesson plan in Visme is 100% free! You can also download your lesson plan in JPG format or share it online for free. To download it as a PNG or PDF file, upgrade to a premium plan.
Are the lesson plan templates completely customizable?
Absolutely. The free lesson plan maker lets you customize every single section of the template. You can quickly and easily change the colors, tables, graphics, backgrounds, icons and fonts.
What type of lesson plans can I create?
Any type you like! Visme’s lesson plan maker is super versatile, and you can even build your own, unique lesson plan from scratch. Create weekly lesson plans, daily plans, course overviews, training plans, class schedules and more in minutes.
Can I go back and edit my lesson plan after I’ve downloaded it?
Of course! All your Visme projects are saved inside your dashboard, and you can go back to edit and download them again if you wish to.
Can I print my lesson plan at home?
Yes! Download the lesson plan as an image or PDF file and print at home on your favorite paper (we recommend recycled paper). You can also choose to print at a local print shop if you created a multi-page daily, weekly or monthly lesson planner.
Are the icons, images, and illustrations inside the lesson plan maker free to use?
Absolutely! All the graphics and images inside the Visme editor are free for commercial or editorial use.
Your lesson plans deserve to be beautiful
…and so does the rest of your content
All-in-one Visual Communication Tool
Go beyond lesson plans. Visme is the only tool you’ll need to create all forms of visual content.
Design beautiful and interactive presentations and infographics to reports, surveys, social graphics, and over 20 other content formats.