We have an immediate opening for an experienced Technical SEO lead to join our team to support our growing needs that have gained great traction to over 10 million users and now adopted by leading fortune 500 companies and organizations, transforming the way visual content is created in the form of engaging Presentations, Infographics and other engaging content.
Things you’ll be doing
- Identify crawl and indexation issues by constantly monitoring the website’s crawl stats and report on them to the rest of the team.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in terms of the website’s crawl budget by analyzing the website’s crawl log files.
- Conduct monthly website crawls using tools such as Sitebulb or Ahrefs and identify technical issues that may be holding the performance of the website back.
- Conduct backlink audits and identify any links that may harm the website’s authority and topical relevance.
- Support our localization efforts by implementing the right meta tags (e.g. hreflang) and by addressing canonicalization issues.
- Provide guidance for speed optimization and make sure that the code of the pages (e.g. HTML) is well-structured so that it’s understandable by the search engine crawlers.
- Implement schema markup to the different parts of the website (e.g. templates, blog posts, landing pages) and make sure that there are no warnings or errors on any of the different schema types implemented.
- Monitor Google’s algorithm changes and updates and proactively communicate what needs to be done on a technical level (e.g. Core Web Vitals).
- Support the technical infrastructure of projects and initiatives from other teams (e.g. content team).
- Validate data integrity in Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and other search data providers.
- Attend weekly catch-ups with other in-house team members such as the content team and outside vendors like our SEO agency and clearly communicate progress, roadblocks, and opportunities moving forward.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports with everything that’s going on with our website on a technical level.
- Experience working with technical SEO software such as Ahrefs, Sitebulb, Screaming Frog, and Screaming Frog Log File Analyzer.
- Experience with applying technical optimizations on a CMS like WordPress using plugins such as Yoast or Schema Pro.
- Knowledge of coding languages such as HTML and CSS and ability to communicate with developers on technical issues effectively.
- Proven ability to investigate issues with Webmaster Tools (e.g. Google Search Console) and analyze changes in organic traffic to deliver business insights and recommendations.
- Deep understanding of technical SEO elements (e.g. .htaccess, robots.txt) for optimizing the website’s search performance.
- Experience working with G Suite products (e.g. Google Sheets).
- Experience working with project management software such as Asana and collaborating with other team members effectively.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects on a daily basis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- Three to five years of experience working on complex and technical SEO projects, ideally on big websites with millions of monthly visitors.
- Experience working with Google Tag Manager.
- Experience setting up alerts on Google Analytics based on complex rules.
- Competitive Salary
- Remote flexible hours and work environment
- Paid vacations and paid holidays
- Freelancers and Offshore development company applicants will Not be considered
- Recruiters: We know you gotta make a living; sorry we don’t work with recruiters.
- Applicants only, unsolicited services or other offers will be deleted.