USED BY LEADING BRANDS
How to Make Invitations in 5 Steps
Creating custom invitation cards is easier than ever with Visme's free online invitation maker. You can make an invitation in minutes by getting started with a customizable invitation template and going from there. Learn how to create beautiful invitations with Visme in 5 easy steps below.
- Pick from one of the online invitation templates.
- Add your photos and event information inside the template.
- Customize the colors, fonts, icons, shapes and more.
- Use the default 5” x 7” size or change to your preferred size.
- Download with one click and either print at home or send to your local printer.
Features of the Invitation Maker
Create the perfect invitation quickly and easily with Visme’s free invitation maker. With beautiful, customizable and tons of design assets, Visme has everything you need to get started.
Beautiful invitation templates
Create free online invitations in a flash by getting started with a professionally designed invitation card template that you can customize to look however you want. Update fonts, colors, photos and more until you’ve designed the perfect invitation.Create Your Invitation
Build your invitation
What event are you creating invitations for? Build your invitations based on the type of event and the overall theme you’re aiming for. Invitations to parties can be more fun, while invitations to conferences will need a more professional look and feel.
Customize every aspect of your invitation to match the vision for your event
Change the fonts and colors to fit the event’s theme. Use a larger font for the title and a smaller font for the information. Remember to include the date, location and a phone number to RSVP. The invitation card maker app conveniently offers you the ability to choose from millions of free images and apply color overlays with a certain opacity, allowing you to place readable text over images.
More Great Features of the Invitation Maker
What is an Invitation?An invitation is a request that someone attend something, whether it’s a professional event, a wedding, a birthday party, a bridal or baby shower, or any other type of event. Invitations are sent out with event information like date, time, location and RSVP information so recipients can confirm whether they’ll be able to attend or not.
Use the invitation maker to create printable invitations easily.
Choose from one of the easy-to-customize invitation templates. Add your photos and graphics or choose from the left-hand panel. Insert your event’s title, date, and location in the relevant areas. All sections can be customized for location, size, and color. Use frames to give your photos special shapes.Create Your Invitation
More Than an Invitation Maker
Design your own online invitations in minutes with Visme’s simple invitation maker. With beautiful fonts, templates, color themes and more, plus the ability to create accompanying event materials, Visme’s invitation maker is more than any old regular invitation designer.
Photos and Graphics
- Choose from millions of free images for commercial and editorial use
- Tap into thousands of high-quality vector icons, shapes and graphics
- Adjust the size of shapes without distorting them and apply your own colors to icons
Create Your Invitation
Hundreds of Fonts
- Select from hundreds of the most popular fonts
- Choose from serif, sans serif, script and slab fonts
- Upload your own fonts with the Visme Brand Kit
Create your own invitation cards that your recipients will love by starting with a professionally designed invitation card template. It’s never been easier to design invitations that you can be proud of. Browse our template options below.
How to Use the Invitation Maker
- Write down all the information for your event in a document or piece of paper.
- To design an invitation, log into Visme and click on the Printables tab, then the Invitations icon.
- Choose from one of the many easy-to-use templates. If none are what you need, click on the blank canvas and design from scratch.
- Insert your photos and graphics or use some from the left-hand panel inside the invitation maker.
- Use frames to give your images special or interesting shapes.
- Add your event information: Title, date, location and a contact number for RSVP.
- Use the default 5” x 7” invitation size, or change it to whatever size you like by clicking on the hamburger menu on the top left.
- Download your finished invitation as an image to send via email or print at home or download as a PDF with bleed marks and send your invitation to the local printer.
Questions About the Invitation Maker
Can I customize everything inside the invitation templates?
Yes. You can change and customize every section of the invitation templates. The invitation generator lets you design freely to best fit your vision.
How much does it cost to create a printable invitation with the invitation maker?
Creating an invitation is 100% free. Downloading the invitation as a JPEG file is also free. If you want to download as a PDF with bleed marks, you’ll need to upgrade to a Standard plan.
Can I freely use the photos inside the Visme invitation maker?
Yes! All photos and graphics found on the left-hand Graphics panel are free to use for your invitations. You can use the search bar to find exactly what you need.
Can the finished invitation be sent via email as well as printed?
Absolutely. Yes, you can download the invitation as an image file (JPEG or PNG) to send via email.
How can I be sure my invitation prints well?
When you download the finished design, do it as a PDF with bleed marks. Also, talk to your printer when you send the file so they can tell you if something needs to be amended. Usual errors are low quality photos or text too close to the margins.
What is the standard invitation size?
Invitations can be either 4.25” x 6” or 5” x 7”. Visme’s invitation templates are automatically sized at 5” x 7”, but you can easily adjust your canvas size to fit your envelopes or preferred invitation size.
Your invitations deserve to be beautiful
…and so does the rest of your content
All-in-one Visual Communication Tool
Go beyond invitations. Visme is the only tool you’ll need to create all forms of visual content.
Design beautiful and interactive presentations and infographics to reports, surveys, social graphics, and over 20 other content formats.