USED BY LEADING BRANDS
How to Make Storyboards in 5 Steps
Be prepared for your next video project with Visme’s free storyboard software. Plan out your video’s scenes, script and more quickly and easily. Learn how to create storyboards by following the five quick steps below.
- Log in to your Visme account and click on the Video tab on the dashboard.
- Scroll through the icons and tap on the Storyboards icon to find a template.
- Upload your own photos or search for relevant ones in the stock photo library.
- Use the presenter notes to add information about your script or shot details.
- Download your storyboard as a PDF for printing or share with your team online.
Features of the Storyboard Creator
Want to get the most out of your next video? Design a custom storyboard to help your video team follow your specific vision with awesome features and assets from Visme’s free storyboard creator.
Customizable storyboard templates
Make developing your storyboard easy by getting started with a pre-designed template. Simply swap out the photos and shot details with your personalized ideas and information, then share your ideas with your team to bring them to life.Create Your Storyboard
Build your storyboard
Start with a template then use our searchable stock photo library to find the perfect visuals to represent your shots in your video. Add text boxes or use the presenter notes to include a script or details for your videographer.
Customize every aspect of your storyboard to visualize your video concept
Easily incorporate your brand colors, add icons and shapes to indicate design elements you’d like to see on your video, duplicate slides to create longer storyboards and more. Visme is the ultimate online storyboard creator, making the entire process as easy as possible.
More Great Features of the Storyboard Creator
What is a Storyboard?A storyboard is a type of graphic organizer that visualizes the planned sequence of events for an upcoming video or film. Many businesses and marketing teams will use these when creating marketing and explainer videos to plan the video concept ahead of time.
Use the online storyboard creator to streamline your video production process.
Tasks go smoother when everyone is on the same page. Ensure your video production process goes off without a hitch by getting started with a storyboard by using Visme’s free online storyboard maker. You can even customize your own illustrations in Visme or upload your own photos and assets to make the storyboard even more personalized.Create Your Storyboard
More Than a Storyboard Creator
Visme’s online storyboarding software is way more than your basic storyboard creator app. You can create everything under the sun using Visme’s design assets. Learn more about what we have to offer.
Hundreds of Fonts
- Search for your preferred font from hundreds of popular options
- Includes a broad selection of serif, sans serif, slab and script fonts
- Upload your own fonts using the Visme brand kit, available under a premium plan
Create Your Storyboard
Photos and Graphics
- Choose from millions of high-quality photos, free for commercial or editorial use
- Select from thousands of vector icons and shapes with editable color schemes
- Use dynamic shapes that resize in any direction without becoming distorted
Getting started with a pre-designed, ready-to-customize storyboard template is the easiest way to create shareable storyboards within minutes. Simply swap out the photos and text with your own ideas, send to your team and get ready to film! Browse our template library below.
How to Use the Storyboard Creator
- Your first step in creating a custom storyboard to guide your video is clicking the big blue button at the bottom of the screen and logging into the storyboard software.
- Make sure you understand the type of video you want to create, the characters you’ll have involved and the general idea of your video’s flow.
- Search through the available storyboard templates to find one that will work for your video concept and click Edit.
- Once you’re inside the editor, take a look at all of the design assets you have available to you in the left sidebar to ensure your video’s final product stands out.
- Hop into the searchable stock photo library to find the perfect images to represent the shots you want to see throughout your video.
- Update all of the text boxes to add captions that share even more information, like shot details, who’s in this scene, how you want it to be filmed and more.
- Utilize the presenter notes to create a script to accompany your video’s storyboard so your actors know their lines during each scene.
- Brand your storyboard by adding in your brand colors, fonts and logo onto each page of the storyboard.
- Share online with a shareable link or download your storyboard as a PDF to print off for each member of the video shoot.
Questions About the Storyboard Creator
How much does it cost to make a storyboard with the storyboard builder?
It will cost you nothing to make custom storyboards with Visme. You can share online with the Visme logo or download as a JPEG for free, but to download as a PDF or remove Visme branding, you’ll need to upgrade to a premium plan.
What size are the storyboard templates?
We’ve created our storyboard templates in our standard presentation size, which is 1366x768px. However, you’re free to resize the canvas to fit whatever dimensions you’d prefer.
Is there a limit to how many pages my storyboard is?
Your Visme account may have storage limitations based on the plan you have, but you shouldn’t have a problem creating a storyboard that fits all of your needs.
Can I use my Brand Kit with the storyboard maker?
Absolutely! When you have a Brand Kit set up in Visme, it is available for all sorts of projects, not only storyboards. To have a Brand Kit, you’ll need to upgrade to a premium plan.
Am I able to upload my own photos to add into the storyboard?
Yes of course! All photos that you upload to your Visme account will be stored in your own media library. You can keep any uploaded visuals in there and use the search bar to find what you’re looking for.
Can I print my storyboard?
Definitely. Simply download to your computer in your preferred file format and print off yourself or send to a printer to get bound for distribution to your team working on the video shoot.
Your storyboards deserve to be beautiful
…and so does the rest of your content
All-in-one Visual Communication Tool
Go beyond storyboards. Visme is the only tool you’ll need to create all forms of visual content.
Design beautiful and interactive presentations and infographics to reports, surveys, social graphics, and over 20 other content formats.