USED BY MANY. TRUSTED BY LEADING BRANDS.
How to Make Book Covers in 5 Steps
Book covers are a critical component of your writing project. However, not every author has the ability to invest in expensive graphic design. Using Visme’s free book cover maker you can design a book cover in 5 simple steps.
- Log in to your Visme account and click on the Printables tab on the dashboard.
- Scroll left through the icons and tap on the Book Cover icon to find a template.
- Customize the colors, add graphics and tweak the font of your book cover.
- Add the title and any additional text to your design.
- Download the completed book cover to upload to your book publishing software.
Features of the Book Cover Maker
Create a beautiful book cover, and make an impact on your audience with Visme’s free online book cover maker. The Visme book cover engine is filled with intuitive features and beautiful assets to help bring your vision to life.
Beautiful book cover templates
The Visme online book cover maker comes pre-loaded with templates that control the overall design of your cover. These help you create designs that stand out to your ideal readers. Simply tap the “Book Covers” category and choose from any of our free book cover design templates.Create Your Book Cover
Build your book cover
Visme gives you all the capabilities you need to create a free online book cover. You can make an impact on your audience with our book cover design software. Start the process by adding text, visuals and a beautiful font to your book cover.
Customize every aspect of your book cover with your preferred font and colors
Visme’s online book cover maker is a tool that creates high quality book covers. You can easily bring a creative vision to life with no design experience needed. Choose from our selection of free fonts or upload your own, or create preset color palettes to change color schemes with a single click.
More Great Features of the Book Cover Maker
What is a Book Cover?
A cover is the first thing potential readers will see when they come across your work. It’s an opportunity to showcase what is inside. Because of this, the cover plays a crucial role of introducing the book to your audience.
Use the book cover maker to design prize-worthy book covers quickly and easily.
Select one of the ready-to-use templates to make book covers online. Change the text in the placeholders to reflect your award topic or event title. Add all your relevant information, and customize the fonts to match your vision.Create Your Book Cover
More Than a Book Cover Maker
Visme’s easy-to-use book cover generator empowers you to design book covers fast. Learn more about the features of the book cover generator.
Photos and Graphics
- Endless beautiful images free for commercial and editorial use
- Explore our large variety colors and layouts
- Choose from a selection of high-quality icons with customizable colors
Create Your Book Cover
Hundreds of Fonts
- Create stunning typography from hundreds of free fonts, including popular typefaces
- Decide between serif, san serif, script and slab fonts
- Have your own fonts in mind? Upload them for your book cover using the Visme brand kit
How to Use the Book Cover Maker
- Brainstorm the type of book cover you want to showcase. Write down all relevant visual elements that will be included on the book cover.
- Log into Visme and open the book cover maker by clicking on Printables, then choosing the Book Covers icon to browse our premade templates.
- Select the pre-designed layout that makes the most sense for your goals, or that simply is most visually appealing to you. Remember that you can customize everything or change your template inside the editor.
- Upload any visual elements like the font pairings, icons or images that you need, or browse through all of our options in the left sidebar.
- Find the right font for your book cover using our massive library or upload your preferred font into your brand kit.
- Customize the font color so it matches with your color design, and adjust the size to achieve balance.
- Use our editing grid to arrange the visuals into a balanced composition and ensure you’ve placed large enough margins to not have a cluttered design.
- Proofread any text, headings or content you’ve placed on your book cover. Double check that everything looks great and you’re satisfied with your book cover design.
- Download the finished book cover as a high resolution image or a PDF with bleed marks for printing.
Questions About the Book Cover Maker
How much does it cost to use the book cover creator? It’s completely free to create your cover designs with Visme. When you’re ready you can download your cover and then submit it to the publishing software of your choice.
Does the book cover maker have templates for all types of books? Our book cover templates are designed for all types of books. Almost all of our users find a template that fits their creative vision. However, Visme makes it easy to customize existing templates so you can find a great fit.
Can every element in the book cover template be customized? For sure! We designed the book cover maker so it can be customized in any way you like. From fonts to visual elements, the customization options are endless!
How can I make my own book cover? Get started by logging into Visme. Then, select a template, and begin to flesh out your design. Make sure you proofread before uploading to your preferred publishing software or printing.
Can I upload my own pictures into the book cover maker? Yes. You can upload all your visual assets into the book maker engine. If you need any photos, we have plenty of options in the left-hand panel. Additionally, we have numerous visual assets like icons. These assets are great additions for your book cover design ideas.
In what sizes can I download my book cover? Our ebook templates are available in 1410x2250 pixels. However, if you need something different you can change the dimensions to what you need inside the editor.
Your books deserve to be beautiful
…and so does the rest of your content
All-in-one Visual Communication Tool
Go beyond book covers. Visme is the only tool you’ll need to create all forms of visual content.
Design beautiful and interactive presentations and infographics to reports, surveys, social graphics, and over 20 other content formats.