Chosen by brands large and small
Our line graph maker is used by over 10,209,854 marketers, communicators, executives and educators from over 120 countries that include:
How to Make Line Graphs in 5 Steps
Create online line graphs within minutes with our easy-to-use line graph generator. Input your data manually or by importing a spreadsheet, color code your lines, add a legend and share your information with your audience visually.
Follow our quick and easy step-by-step tutorial below to start visualizing your own data with line graphs in Visme. Our graph engine makes it possible to create easy-to-understand charts in minutes.
- Log in to Visme and open a new project in the dashboard. Choose an infographic, presentation or blank canvas.
- To use the line graph maker, click on the data icon in the menu on the left. Enter the Graph Engine by clicking the icon of two charts.
- Choose the line chart icon from the left sidebar and add your data into the line chart maker by hand or by importing an Excel or Google sheet.
- Fully customize your line graph by updating colors, fonts, backgrounds and more inside the Settings tab of the Graph Engine.
- Easily share your customized line graph graph design by downloading, embedding or adding to another project.
Features of the Line Graph Maker
Creating line charts has never been easier thanks to Visme’s fully customizable line chart creator. Find tons of useful features like predesigned templates, easy-to-use chart widgets and more.
Beautiful line graph templates
Choose from our selection of pre-made chart types like line charts, bar charts, pie charts, scatterplots and make your graph. Find a line chart that looks similar to your data set so that you can quickly swap in your information and complete your design.Create Your Line Graph
Build your line graph
Creating a line graph doesn’t have to be a long and difficult process. With Visme’s line graph creator, all you have to do is find a template, input your data, color code your information, design your background and download your design.
Customize every aspect of your line graph according to your needs
Adjust the colors of the progression lines, the background, the axis lines and values. Use your brand colors or the color palette of your project for a perfect match. Decide on the position of the legend, the angle of the value tabs, the data hover and an animation style. You can even upload background images and apply color overlays to your final graph.
More Great Features of the Line Graph Maker
- Fully customizable premade line graph templates to choose from
- Millions of stock photos and vector icons to spice up your design
- Add in your own branded fonts and colors to make it your own
- Easy drag-and-drop design tools, made with the non-designer in mind
- Create a single or stacked line graph, or a smooth, angled or step graph
- Download as an image file or add to an existing project
What is a Line Graph?
A line graph or line chart is a type of data visualization that displays data values as points on a line. This can consist of a single line or showcase multiple lines as a comparison.
Line charts focus on showing change over time, and can be great to use for sales, traffic, and other types of business growth.Create Your Line Graph
Use the line graph maker to visualize the progression of data over time.
Show off periods of growth by creating a line graph with our animated line graph maker. Create static or animated line charts by choosing an animation type and embedding your chart into a webpage. Input your data and finalize your design within minutes.
More Than a Line Graph Creator
Create a line graph for free using Visme’s line graph maker online and a premade line graph template. Enjoy all of the available features that help make line graph creation such a breeze, resulting in stunning designs time after time.
VISUALIZE YOUR DATA
Charts & Graphs
Choose from different chart types and create pie charts, bar charts, donut charts, doughnut charts, pyramid charts, Mekko charts, radar charts and much more.
MAKE IT ENGAGING
All of Visme’s charts give you the option to add hover-over legends that give your audience more information and make your charts engaging.
BEAUTIFY YOUR CONTENT
Images & Graphics
Choose from over a million stock photos, icons, illustrations, characters, lines, shapes and more to decorate your line graph and make it engaging.
Line Graph Templates
Create your custom line graph quickly and easily by getting started with a gorgeous, predesigned line graph template. Choose from our selection of premade starter templates, edit the data, customize the design to match your topic or your brand, and download.
How to Use the Line Graph Maker
- Before making your line graph with the free line graph maker, have all your data ready. Sketch out the best time progression for your graph.
- Insert the data manually or import from an Excel sheet. You can also import live data from a Google spreadsheet.
- Choose the value settings to best match your data. There are options for percentages and monetary symbols.
- Customize the fonts, background and the colors of the lines according to your brand style guide.
- If it’s not a branded line graph, use a color palette that matches the rest of your project. Decide on the position of the legend and the angle of the values.
- Using the settings tab in the line graph generator, choose the style of the lines – angled, smooth or stepped.
- If you are creating an interactive design, use the animation settings to bring your line graph to life. There are multiple animated options to choose from.
- When using more than one line graph, be sure to use the same style throughout. This way your project will have a unified look.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
It's easy to create a line graph with a tool like Visme. Simply start with a template, gather your data in an Excel or Google spreadsheet, import your information and watch your chart come to life.
While a line plot is often mistaken for a line graph, the two are very different. A line plot displays data as points along a number line, while a line graph showcases data as points along an x and y axis.
Absolutely! You can make single and stacked line graphs. You can also choose from three different types of line styles – angled, smooth or steps.
While there are many available programs to create line graphs, we think the best option for users is Visme. With a variety of charts and graphs available to you, you can visualize nearly any kind of data.
The line graphs can have as much as 40 units of data on the x-axis and 50 on the y-axis. However, you don’t need to add all the data by hand. You can import it with the help of a CSV or Excel sheet.
You sure can! You can easily make a graph with live data using the line graph maker by importing a Google spreadsheet that has been previously published to the web.
Your line graphs deserve to be beautiful and so does the rest of your content
Create visual brand experiences whether you are a seasoned designer or a total novice.
Access hundreds of professionally designed slides to create your presentation.Learn more
Put together helpful printables like flyers, coupons, menus, brochures and more.Learn more
Engage your audience online with static and animated social media graphics.Learn more