Want to be a part of a stable and growing start-up with a great product that is powerful yet at the same time easy and intuitive, allowing anyone to do beautiful and incredible things?
We have an immediate opening for a highly motivated and experienced Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team to support our growing needs that has gained great traction to over 3.2 million users and now adopted by leading fortune 500 companies and organizations, transforming the way visual content is created in the form of engaging Presentations and Infographics.
Leap of faith:
At Visme we understand that applying for and taking on a new job opportunity at any company requires a leap of faith. It’s why we want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply.
Here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Visme.
If you share the same feelings and want to take a stable and long-term look at your career long-term, we’d love to hear from you:
Culture and Values at Visme:
We treat each other with respect, we give constructive feedback when needed and praise when deserved.
Diversity at Visme:
Our team is diverse from over 12 nationalities and various ethnicities.
We treat each other like a Family and have full respect and appreciation for each other.
You want to be a part of Visme because:
You love to be challenged. You respect processes but it’s also why you don’t like corporate structure. You want to be a part of a start-up that is nimble but stable, innovative but not too risky, you want to be able to contribute and not just follow the standards and copy what everyone else is doing.
You love great UX. Afterall we are Visme: A visual design tool, so clean and aesthetic design and user experience is imperative to Visme. Although you spend most of your time coding, but you also have an eye for great design and a feel for great UX. Beautiful UI helps weave your code into an impeccable experience for the user. In short, you care about more than just the code but the entire product and process.
You want to help others. You want to share your knowledge with the rest of your team, building shared tooling for other engineers, and even directly helping customers when the need arises.
You can balance lots of concerns. Visme is a SPA, as with any Frontend apps you have to take into account performance (using networks and devices that we can’t control), customer demands, UX research, A/B tests, code quality, our rapidly changing ecosystem of modules, etc.. You are able to effectively manage your time. You can balance those demands without getting overwhelmed and keep the needle moving forward. At the end of the day, we also ship products too.
Education is a plus but real-life experience is even a bigger factor in our decision process:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (Master’s preferred)
- You have at least 5+ years of hands-on experience working on large complex applications.
- You are fully versed in front-end: React.js, MobX, as well as CSS/HTML
- You have at least 2 years of experience with PHP/MySQL PostgresSQL.
- Also great to have but not required: Java, Vue.js
- Prior experience with AWS EC2, S3, RDS, and Cloudfront.
- Prior experience with API integrations
- Very comfortable working with SSH
Things you’ll be doing:
- Research, guide, and execute frontend architecture changes, including but by no means limited to, server-side React rendering, and back-end optimization
- Build reusable React components, and front-end work including conversion of UI/UX wireframes to code realizing visual elements, created user-friendly, interactive UI, handle asynchronous
- Development and maintenance of editor and dashboard based application (SPA)
- Perform back-end work including developing server-side logic.
Measure, detect and alleviate performance bottlenecks, using tools like Chrome dev tools
- Work closely with our product, design, and UX teams to create amazing and intuitive experiences that make it effortless to connect different apps together.
- Review code written by other team members.
Work closely with other senior members to oversee and manage our development team and engineering process.
- Help put tools, processes, and documentation in place to improve our code quality.
- Perform requirement analysis, structure design, program implementation, system integration/testing.
- Dev Ops on AWS utilizing EWC, RDS, S3 and related cloud solutions on AWS.
- Ship to our large user base weekly while having lots of autonomy in terms of code and feature ownership.
- Share what you know and learn either one-on-one or with lightning talks to the group.
- Experiment: We are changing the landscape of visual communication and this means we strive to innovate and finds new and better ways to propel our product and offerings.
Salary & Compensation:
- Paid vacation and paid holidays
- Retirement plan match (3% match)
- Annual Bonus
- LifeTime Fitness Membership
- We prefer local but we will hire the right fit remote.
- Freelancers and Offshore development company applicants will Not be considered
- Recruiters: We know you gotta make a living; sorry we don’t work with recruiters.
- Applicants only, unsolicited services or other offers will not be read and will be deleted.