Chosen by brands large and small
Our concept map maker is used by over 10,209,854 marketers, communicators, executives and educators from over 120 countries that include:
Concept Map Templates
Of course you can easily create your own concept map from scratch, but Visme also gives you the ability to choose from one of our professionally designed concept map templates based on the formatting you need, whether it's hierarchical, web-like or something else altogether.
Need to create custom concept maps to help explain complex concepts and ideas to your audience or team? Visme makes it easy to make high-quality concept maps in minutes.
Features of the Concept Map Maker
What is a Concept Map?
A concept map is a type of flowchart or diagram that demonstrates relationships between concepts. They can show the various jobs certain college degrees can lead to and their specializations, illustrate what different concepts can do and so much more.
Creating a concept map is a great way to help yourself, your class or your team understand complex concepts or visualize a brainstorming session. Visme's easy-to-use diagramming tools make it easy to create your own online concept map.Create Your Concept Map
Use the concept map maker to organize ideas and visualize concepts.
The free online concept map maker can be found inside the Data tab on the left-hand panel of the Visme editor. Select a shape to begin building your concept map. Use the customizable building tools in each shape to expand the concept map in the directions you need.
More Than a Concept Map Maker
Visme’s free concept map diagram tool is so much more than your everyday concept map maker. With a variety of shapes and line designs to choose from, the ability to drag and drop different elements all over the canvas, and easy-to-use diagram-making capabilities, you’ll be able to make concept maps in minutes.
How to Use the Concept Map Maker
- Decide on the concept, question or central topic you want to elaborate on. Write down the first idea as a title or main topic.
- Sketch a quick rough draft of your concept map to get an idea of the directions you want it to have.
- Log in to the Visme dashboard and choose a blank canvas or a concept map template.
- Click on the Data tab which is located on the left-hand panel. Choose the concept map tool from the menu.
- Select the first shape to start building the concept map. Try and stick to one type of shape for the entire concept map or use different shapes for sections that need to be differentiated from the rest.
- Use the integrated building tools inside each shape to grow the concept map in all directions with your subtopics or related ideas.
- Customize the size of shapes and lines. If you need to move a line and shape to another section, just un-attach it and attach it somewhere else.
- Insert the title in the main shape and relevant text to the other shapes.
- Change the font, color, and size of the text inside your concept map.
- Download your diagram from the concept map maker and add it to an email or blog post. Embed an animated concept map to your website with just a little snippet of code.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
You can easily create concept maps online for free with Visme. Simply find a template that has a similar look to what you're going for or start from scratch to create something that's completely your own. Grab shapes and line designs from the diagramming section of Visme's sidebar and create a concept map perfect for your next brainstorm.
Yes! All sections in the concept map can be given an animated effect. When finished, you can embed it on your website, but if you want to download it as an interactive HTML5 file, you need a Standard Plan.
Yes. All shapes and lines inside the concept map maker are customizable in terms of size, color and position.
Absolutely. When you have a Brand Kit set up in Visme, it is available for all sorts of projects, not only concept maps. To have a Brand Kit you need to purchase a Standard Plan.
No, that is one of the best features of the concept map maker. When you move a shape or even change its size, the connected lines will not disconnect unless you choose to do so. This helps so much with composition and organization of thoughts.
While there are a variety of concept or mind mapping tools available like Lucidchart or Microsoft PowerPoint, we believe Visme is the best concept map maker. This is because you can create completely unique concept maps quickly and easily, in addition to nearly any other type of visual content you might need.